Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Converter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Could you please give me your suggestion for the below requirements

1. Can we restrict the users (only authorized for display access) from printing or copying out the documents stored in sap dms.

2. Is it possible to convert all types of documents into pdf format and make them available to the users who are authorized for display.

I have Adobe PDF converter installed in my PC and i can convert any type of documents into PDF format outside from the system. But i want to do it in SAP DMS.I have searched some forums but i couldn't find the solution. So please help me....

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

1) I have found in SPRO that you can configure via:

Cross-App Components -> Document Mgmt -> General Data -> Define Profile

You identify Profile, assign User/Groups (linked in SU01), then set whether you want specific actions available for certain content repositories.

Then set print, view options here. I have not tested these myself.

2) You can configure your own conversion server through the SAP framework, however this requires external RFC connection to server and additional conversion adapters to get desired formats. There are 3rd party solutions too, feel free to contact me by clicking my profile name and getting my info.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The options in profile only limit the users from seeing the original document. I.e. they will only see the PDF exists, but this does not stop them downloading the PDF and printing it manually.

Seal also has a conversion system for SAP DMS which can convert documents to PDF and add things like watermarks or stamps with meta data from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja

For the Display Authorization concept and Printing & copying

you have to follow SAP standards

and the standard Role is

SAP_CA_DMS_ADMIN Administration Tasks in DMS

SAP_CA_DMS_DISPLAY Product Data Management: Displaying Documents

For Converting a Document in DMS server there is a Conversion Server for it.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Document+Conversion

Correct me If i wrong

Regards

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tushar...

Can you please explain how to restrict the users by using below standard role

SAP_CA_DMS_ADMIN Administration Tasks in DMS

SAP_CA_DMS_DISPLAY Product Data Management: Displaying Documents

As i understood, for any role, we have to do settings for authorization objects and there is no object to restrict the users

from Copy Out / printing / copying the documents from DMS. Where should i do settings to restrict these activities.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raja