cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP interface to a legacy system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

I have a business requirement that state the creation of an synchronous interface between SAP SCM 7.0 to a legacy system.

This is the general overview of the process:

1. A sales order is created in a back end system

2. The sales order is replicated into SAP ECC (this interface is already developed)

3. An outbound delivery is created with reference to the sales order in SAP SCM eWM, which generates a reservation of stock.

The interface will consider that when a sales order is cancelled into the backend system notifies SAP SCM ewm the cancellation and the release of the stock.

Primary I would like to know what are the options to connect both system (legacy and SAP), what are the basic technical requirements, how the connection between both systems is accomplished.

A really appreciate your help on this

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to think the answer for how you want to update the transactions in sap (Online or in a time interval).

Possible options are

(1) File transfer

(2) Idoc method

Idoc method is most commonly used method. It updates the transactions online. You have to configure the inbound & outbound messages in partner profile configuration(WE20) for this.

Technically you need an interface ie..Connector (Ex: Business connector...). You can control Idoc until the exit of SAP, after that you can't control the Idoc, it is taken care by BC.

Hope my answer helps you.