cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set "'Directory'" (DynamicConfiguration UDF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

in my scenario a generic interface (Proxy2Fille) is used, in which file receiver output FileName and Directory are being determined at runtime. this was implemented using udf at graphical message mapping phase. somehow, i am able to put "FileName" but can not put "Directory", I'm using 2 similar udf.

setting Directory udf code:

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey FileDir = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http:/"+"/sap.com/xi/XI/System/File";,"'Directory'");

conf.put(FileDir, Dir);

when interface is being executed, i can see (sxmb_moni --> SOAP:Header) the udf were running and (as far as i get) that FileName and Directory parameters were successfully chased during the mapping phase.

i.e., :

SAP:DynamicConfiguration..

<SAP:Record namespace="http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File" name="'Directory'">/rkv-erp/Int/XID</SAP:Record>

yet, I'm getting the following error (RWB-Comunication Channel Monitoring):

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: The Adapter Message Property 'Directory' was configured as mandatory element, but was not supplied in the XI Message header

and obviusly, writing fails.

what am i missing?

Regards,

Uri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked ASMA Attributes for filename and directory

in receiver file channel configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

10x for your replay.

both FileName and Directory are checked. I'm getting the recieved error (...The Adapter Message Property 'Directory' was configured as mandatory element...) since "Directory" is checked. in some of my tests, when i manipulate only FileName, everything went fine.

Any other hint?

Regards,

Uri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below blog, this may through some light on your issue:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In receiver communication channel configuration, in the directory specify the root directory. Example / or \

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monika,

10x for your replay. tried both \ and /, and still getting the same error.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Uri

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Issue was caused due to "syntax err" : i.e., at my udf i used: ...."'Directory'"... instead of "Directory" (i had unnecessary ").

when i changed the udf, it all works fine.

Tnx all.

Uri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uri,

Ensure that you have enabled ASMA in your receiver file adapter.

Thanks,