Did you mean: 

Production order getting created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario -

CTM planning, Strategy (25), Char dependent planning (CDP) -

After CTM planning run i have observed 2 cases,

1. System is creating planned order and its getting stuck in queue (smq1 - apo) and giving error message 'no order type can be determined automatically'

2. In case I maintain order type in ECC (either at plant level or in production scheduling profile) system is creating production order directly instead of planned order.

Please let me know why it is going for production order creation instead of planned order.

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In-house production orders with CDP characteristics are usually created as planned orders in SAP APO, and converted to production orders (process orders) during the transfer to SAP R/3.

As the SAP R/3 planned order cannot have its own configuration, orders with CDP characteristics are created in SAP R/3 as production orders.

Check in SPRO settings "Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults" under PPDS Customising

Transfer to R3 inhouse production " Create Transfer events from Conversion indicator is set or not"

Try with this setting and check for the transfercreating Prodn orders.

For any Prodn order to create in ECC, Order type is mandatory. From this Order type system gets the number ranges for the Order.

Thanks,

nandha