cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order to Production order conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using CTM to create PP/DS planned orders in APO. We are using MTO strategy with Charachteristic dependent planning.

The issue is that when we create PP/DS planned order in APO and CIF it eo ECC it is automatically getting converted to Production Order in ECC.

This behaviour is their only in the case of configurable material i.e. CDP, when I create planned order for non configurable material the planned order is not converted to production order.

Also when I check in product view i.e. /sapapo/rrp3 the conversion indictor is not set.

Can anyone please help in understanding what all settings govern the automatic conversion of planned order to production order and probable solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjog Mishrikotkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In-house production orders with CDP characteristics are usually created as planned orders in SAP APO, and converted to production orders (process orders) during the transfer to SAP R/3.

As the SAP R/3 planned order cannot have its own configuration, orders with CDP characteristics are created in SAP R/3 as production orders.

Check in SPRO settings "Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults" under PPDS Customising

Transfer to R3 inhouse production " Create Transfer events from Conversion indicator is set or not"

Try with this setting and check for the transfercreating Prodn orders.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but as i understand the setting that you have mentioned in /sapapo/rrpcust1 is applicable to all the materials. If I change the value to "Create Transfer events from Conversion indicator is set or not".

In this case it will be appicabl to non configurable material also but I want the planned order for non-configurable materials to be CIFed immediately to ECC as is the case now, also these orders are not getting converted to prod order automatically

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check in Help library for further details.

This setting will create Prodn orders only if conv ind is set.

Thanks,

nandha