cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating SOFFCONT1 items to external content server

Michael_Chohrac
Participant
0 Kudos

I've read the other forum threads on this subject but am still having issues with program RSIRPIRL. Regardless of which Document Area I choose in the selection criteria screen, I cannot seem to locate any of the SOFFCONT1 documents. I can't use PHIO Class because for some reason it appears all of our SOFFCONT1 records are under the "blank" PHIO Class. The only Document Area that gives any significant results during the test run is MIME, but these also are not in the SOFFCONT1 table. Can someone who has used this RSIRPIRL program help me understand how I can use it to relocate SOFFCONT1 documents to our new content server?

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I was experiencing the same issue, where no data was selected with the program run. I worked with SAP Support and get the following informaiton:

You can use this report RSIRPIRL to relocate the data in SOFFCONT1 to your external archive server. To do this;

1) Create a content repository in tr. OAC0

2) Create a category and assigned the category to the content repository you created in tr. OACT

3) Run the RSIRPIRL report using the following paramters:

a) Document Area: <Keep blank>

b) PHIO Class: SOFFPHIO

c) Target Category: ZSOFFHTTP (Example name of new category)

d) Source Category: SOFFDB

Hope this helps, the information allowed me to get our documents migrated. The only down side is the program doesn't give options to limit the selection to a reasonable number of records. I'm in the process of migrating 1.9+ million records, and it'll take about 8 days to complete (not running over night).

Good Luck

Michael_Chohrac
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amy! That did the trick. I could never figure out which PHIO Class to use and none of the document areas gave any results.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Could I ask a couple of follow up questions on your data move?

We're just starting to plan this move. Not as many documents though only about 192,000 for 55GB.

How did you not run overnight? Isn't RSIRPIRL a batch job which does all?

Did you prevent users accessing the data during the transfer?

Appreciate any suggestions to watch out for.

Cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thanks for this response we about to embark on the exact same course shortly. I'd like to find out - when you created your content repository in tx: OAC0 - did you leave the document area blank?

Kind regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

even i have the same question . content repository in tx: OAC0 - did you leave the document area blank?.

did you find answer?

I got the migration program report status " completed successfully" but not able to see the DOCID in archive list.

Also SOOD-EXTCT is still ='K'

Regards,

Tej

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same question too.

In what case should we learn the Document Area as blank/empty ?

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The document area in transaction OAC0 can be left blank, It should not have any effect on the activities.

It may have effect in other cases but for migration of  GOS attachments, the document area field in OAC0 transaction is not relevant.

Regards

S S B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SOFFCONT1 has about 150 million entries and RSIRPIRL is running since 3 days.

After the duration of 3 days RSIRPIRL has only archived approx. 2 million enties (files).

Is there any opportunity to speed up the archiving?

Whats your experience with RSIRPIRL regarding the duration?

Regards

Daniel

Answers (0)