Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA and CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going to start implementation of CUA. Using our Solman system as the parent and R3, CRM and BW as the child systems. Before starting I already have questions with CUA to CRM because of customer accounts. Customers create accounts over our website. Employees create accounts for our customer through CRM web UI. BPs with Internet Users (SU01s) created in a number of ways. Will this still be able to continue or would I have to exclude CRM from CUA?

Also why in SCUM is "Everywhere" not option for everything It would be perfect to still be able to create and maintain any field locally if you wanted and still distribute from Parent for new accounts but looks like this can only be done for some fields and once turned on you can not create locally.

Thanks,

Alex

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can still use CUA for central users and provision others from "internet" scenarios.

It makes sense to use a naming convention (prefix) for the SU01 user ID of the BP's to show their origin and isolate them in user groups.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

What do you do for customer contacts created through CRM web UI? I want business to be able to continue to create users for customer BPs through crm web ui. I activated CUA in DEV and now in CRM Dev web ui when we create a customer contact BP and then create internet user role it now wont let me create a user (SU01). Once activated you can not create users for BPs through web ui or web site anymore?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos

Technically the active CUA is not a restraint to create a user from other scenarios.

It works for identity federation and SAML tockens, so I assume that it is a config option on the CRM side?

If the CRM does not support this (which release are you on? 7.0?) then I would open a customer message with SAP.

If you wish, then I can also move this thread to the CRM forum. Unfortunately SDN forum software does not support "mirroring" threads to other related forums...

So... yes it is possible, but I am not sure whether your UI supports it.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing old post. This was resolved by note 1169387.