cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes made to ALV via sap-config-mode=X are not written to transport req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made certain changes to ALV table that should apply globally.

1) I have run the application via Webdynpro Application -> Test -> Execute in Admin mode.

2) Now on the ALV table, choose Settings, Make the required settings

3) Save As

4) Give a description and choose a Transport Request and hit ok.

Now i go to SE10 and see the customizing transport request. It is empty. meaning no objects are listed under it.

Can anyone please advise?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the documentation and it says the url parameter should be &sap-config-mode=config and not sap-config-mode=X. So i tried it.

But i am getting the below error when i hit ok after supplying the transport request number.

Screen output without connection to user.

Can anyone please let me know?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you got Rev Trac or some other transport "organiser" installed on your system?

it may be that there is some exit which is being called to show a GUI screen to prompt you to enter some data about your transport...

Perhaps create the transport first and then just choose from list of existing transports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I dont think there is anything like that installed. I will double check about that.

But i am doing it in the same way as you suggested. I have first created a empty customizing transport request and then selected in from the value help. Finally when i click OK it dumps.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is strange.

is it possibly an authorisation issue? Any ST22 details that you could share? (please don't post the whole lot - just the summary)

May be worth doing a Service Marketplace search with any details from the dump.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it is becos i dont have authorization to create a customizing request. The issue is resolved after getting the authorization. I have awarded the points to you.