cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Maintenance Cycle is showing as active - but in SCMA it is active.

0 Kudos

I am trying to configure Change Management in a single system outside of solution manager with 3 clients acting as the system landscape. The TMS configuration checks ok. The SMSY system landscape Rfc connections check okay. However, when I run /TMWFLOW/CHARMCHK I receive the following errors:

System cancel RFC destination SM_VEDCLNT180_TMW, Call BAPI_USER_EXISTENCE_CHECK: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TRACK_N107

This is the only problem I can see in my configuration. The real problem I am getting is when creating a change request - after approved the change request has an error :

No maintenance cycle is open for the current system

Message no. SOCM_ACTION_LOG011

Yet there is a maintenance cycle showing as active and assigned to my change request project. Any guidance would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Tania Burningham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You do a authorization and UNICODE test in RFC. And check that hasn't errors.

Regards

William Neira

0 Kudos

I have testes that as well an the RFC is good with connection/authorization and unicode. I have even run the BAPI_USER_EXISTENCE_CHECK manually for my user and the user that is in the RFC logon and it checks okay. Not sure what is throwing the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please validate the following things,

-> System,Client assigned correctly in Installation & Component fields.

->In SMSY type maintained as Production

->Make sure SMI project (SOLARPROJECTADMIN) assigned to logical component with system/client assigned

->Make sure project assigned to the change request management .

Finally re-activate SCMA in maintenance cycle.

Regards

Nagaraju

0 Kudos

Nagaraju

Can you help me with your last 2 points. I am not sure what you mean by making sure that the project assigned to the change request management. Also, is there a way to reactivate other than locking it and then activating it. I can not see another way of reactivating.

Thanks,

Tania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

Please check thre RFC & user credentials. this must be the problem.

As you are doing with single system adn STMS checks success.

problem might be some thing else. your solutino manager system version ?

Can you try the Diagnosis option when you get the error.

Also can you check related SM21 logs & trace filesin the system.

you will have to rectify this and then activate SCMA.

Also check project type in SMSY.

As per your answer, you are already defined logical component in SMSY(like dev,qas,prd & ERP,ECC)

Once you done this, the logical component will be added to the SMI project.

you can get informatin from below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/a2/9b576a334144698f7938507b09b28c/content.htm

Regards

Nagaraju

0 Kudos

Nagaraju,

Thanks for your help.

The problem was a program error in EHP1. Note 1488314 resolved it. The check was coming back with an error on the TMW Rfc and it was actually the READ RFC that was in error. Now it is resolved.

Thanks,

Tania