cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable subreport view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On my report, there are two subreport, when users click on one of them, a seperate view is open for the clicked subreport. I'd like to disable this behavior, how can I do it?

thank you very much

Clara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a Hyperlink or On demand Sub report

Thanks,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Demand will open the subreport in a new window.

This cannot be prevented though Jamie's idea has merrit. Here is another recent thread on this subject:

[CRVS2010 - how to avoid to open subreports|;

Edited by: DebiHerbert on Nov 19, 2010 7:50 AM

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have just completed some testing on some javascript functionality to disable drill-down on subreports. there is one formula in the attached report that is placed in the report's page header. please see the notes below though as there are very specific requirements for this functionality to work.

notes:

1) this is for crystal reports 2008 and (boe xi 3.x or crystal reports server 2008) only

2) it will only work in an enterprise web viewer environment

3) you must have pass-through html enabled (see the user guide in the webelements download [here |]for instructions on activating pass-through html)

4) the activation of pass-through html is supported...however, what you develop as far as html or javascript on top of this feature is not supported..i.e. the technique outlined in this sample report will not be supported

5) on the report that you use this technique, all subreports will have drill-down disabled

6) please test this out in your development / sandbox environment first before you use it

cheers,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for this fix... I find it astonishing that so many people ask for this yet its not a simple option within the crystal reporting environment.. Anyway - that aside, am hoping you may be able to assist a little further with this one...

We have an enterprise environment that consists of both IE6 and IE8 users.. we have tested your above solution on a number of machines with the alternative environments and this fix only seems to work (for our needs) using IE8..

Our Needs means we have hyperlinks linking to other reporting within our sub reports which, when applying your fix, works as expected in IE8 but not in IE6.

An interesting side note to this is while in IE6, we can right click the link and select open in new window and that works but simply clicking the link does nothing (though the cursor icon recognises its a link and transforms to the hand when the mouse over is triggered).

Unfortunately we are not anywhere close to proficient in javascript (and maybe shouldn't be playing around with this) but I'm wondering if there is a workaround for the different versions of IE (which I have noted in other situations involved in rendering html between browser versions)

NB: apologies if in your "requirements" section, drill down refers to this very feature - I took that as to disable the annoying drill of the sub-report rather than a hyperlink.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.........dougieh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Clara,

the only thing that i have found thus far that works is to put a text object on top of the subreport. unfortunately this only works if you know the size of your subreport and your subreport does not span over one page.

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope we can disable it from the viewercontrol

thank you very much for your reply