cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Purchase Order not Created Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 7.0 Extended Classic Scenario:

Issue: When creating a standard shopping cart in SRM the Purchase Order is not created in SRM (or in R3). Eventhough the shopping cart is fully approved and has a vendor assigned. The overall shopping cart status remains approved,the line items status shows 'item in transfer process'. Otherwise there are no errors in the application monitor. Nothing appears in table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB

Considerations: Everything is working fine for limit shopping cart, the PO gets created automatically and the SC has status follow-on document created.

Also, this was working fine for standard orders, it seems that support pack 7 or 8 broke this functionality, yet I do not see any notes regarding the issue. Any ideas on what controls the automatic PO generation or how it could work for limits but not standard SC's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by: Matt Joseph on Nov 17, 2010 10:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,/Muthu

Sorry to interrupt.

I am working in the Upgrade Project from SRM 3.0 to SRM 7.0.

Scenario : Extended classic scenario.

When I am creating the SC it is approved. P.O no is generated in SRM and it is not ordered.It is in SAVED

When I change the SRM P.O manually and ordered .The P.O is transferred to the backend ECC 6.0, but

in the SRM the P.o. is in ERROR IN PROCESS..

I checked in RZ20 -I am getting BBP_ANALYZE_PO_APPLIC is not released.

Or what is the above message

Can you tell which BADI (or) BAPI is used in SRM 7.0 -for P.O creation so that i can debug that

can you give your views

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Functionally I can tell you that when you get 'error in process' it means that ECC/R3 is rejecting the PO based on bad data.

For example, the vendor may not be extended to the company code. Or in configuration the plant may not be assigned to the purchasing organization.

If you don't see the error in the application monitor you could try to create the PO in R3 manually using the same master data and then see if you get any errors in ME21N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopinatha,

Good day!!!

We too facing a exactly same issue. After SC approval, PO got generated and it went into "Saved" status instead of "Ordered" status and never replicated to backend.

Can you please tell me how this problem was solved in your case?

Also please be remaind that its not happening for all the SC's. Only for certain SC's and certain Vendors.

Many thanks in Advance!!!

Kavin S

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.can you go to SC BBP_PD item data and check the PO number

2. Go to Process PO transaction and search the PO number and see what is the status of PO.

3. RZ20 - aNY ERROR FORTHIS SC or PO

4. You must see the error in Application monitor SC or PO web page with detail error

5.Did you assign a fixed vendor or Preferred vendor in the shopping cart?

6. Do you have any sourcing configuration ?check item status of the shopping cart like Purchaser's work list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding so quickly! Please see below

Hi

1.can you go to SC BBP_PD item data and check the PO number

There is no PO number at all, the shopping cart is approved but the line item status says document in transfer

2. Go to Process PO transaction and search the PO number and see what is the status of PO. - no po at all even local

3. RZ20 - aNY ERROR FORTHIS SC or PO....there are no errors except in the approval it says function module error BUS4101 at position wf-batch. sy-subrc....but the shopping cart is approved so i don't think this is relevant for the po creation, i just confirmed that this error occurs for the limit SC, which works....so it is not relevant for this issue

4. You must see the error in Application monitor SC or PO web page with detail error no errors other than above, it just shows as item in transfer

5.Did you assign a fixed vendor or Preferred vendor in the shopping cart? a fixed vendor

6. Do you have any sourcing configuration ?check item status of the shopping cart like Purchaser's work list, we are not allowing sourcing, we are making vendor a required field in the shopping cart

why would the limit order work but not the standard?

Edited by: Matt Joseph on Nov 17, 2010 10:53 AM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you go to shopping cart in the monitor transaction and click the create follow on document icon again.

and see any error in the monitor or RZ20 for this sc.

can you check your BBP_PD ITEM DATA and see what type of fixed vendor data there?

is it contract or vendor list.

Are the fixed source of supply has valid?

so do you have a problem with free text and internal goods and services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'create follow on document' button is grayed out for these shopping carts since the item is in transfer.

the vendor was not assigned via a contract or a supplier list, it was simply typed into the supplier field.

in BBP_PD in the supplier section , i am not sure which information you want to see but the vendor does show up here. I think if it did not accept the vendor as fixed teh shopping cart would be in the purchasers worklist for sourcing....but in this case the status of the shopping cart is approved and the line says "item in transfer" rather than in purchasers worklist.

Thanks,

Matt

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Admin role -you must have access to click create follow on document icon to resubmit the cart.

Definetly SRM would have thrown error message in the monitor or RZ20 why PO was not successsfully created.

i am looking for fixed vendor was assigned to the shopping cart or not in the item data level .

sometimes any CUSTOM Badis clears the values .. Any BADI implementation.

give more details of source of supply Is it contract or vendor list ?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP all and the button is grayed out for these items. For items that successfully create a follow on document the button is not grayed out.

The vendor did not come from a contract our an approved vendor list. It was simply entered into the supplier field.

We have not used a BADI, the only customization we have done that could be related to this is that we modified the shopping cart screen. What we did is we created a supplier field on the header. Once this field is populated it automatically populates the supplier field in the source of supply tab. I checked with my ABAP resource that did the modification and the supplier seems to be assigned properly. In BBP_PD we compared a standard cart with a limit cart, which as I mentioned works fine. In BBP_PD we saw no difference between the standard and the limit other than the fact that there is a follow on document for the limit.

If the PO was created and had an error in process then I think it would give an error message in the monitor. The problem is that it's stuck in transfer so there is no message it simply says "item in transfer". There is definitely no message in the monitor.

Are you on Support Pack 8 in your SRM 7 system?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

understand your difficultyand pain.

Yes:- You could create a limit SC and PO successful - since partner function 19 - fixed vendor.

NO - NO incomplete PO created though you have assigned a preffered vendor . i am expecting atleast your system to create a HELD PO since you do not have sourcing configuration too - partner function 39 preferred vendor.

BY DEBUG YOU CONvert 39 to 19 and see can you create a PO - just for testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know it sounds crazy but the partner function on both the standard that does not work and the limit that does work is already 19. Still there is no PO in any status.

The document is somehow stuck in process, I expected to find them in the BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB, but these items are not creating entries in that table. Since the system thinks it's in the process of transferring the document there is no po and no errors to analyze.

It's very strange, as I said the only 2 theories I can come up with are that a support pack caused the issue or somehow the webdynpro modifications we made to put supplier in the header. But since the supplier is assigned and has partner function 19 it does not seem that what we did with supplier in the header is the issue.

I didn't see anything in OSS or in the forum, not sure how many people have support pac 8 in SRM 7 at this point though....

Thanks,

Matt

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all PO should be created then you can see entry in doc table.

u Note 1480994 - How to process a shopping cart with status I1111?

see SAP treatment and some work around..

Symptom

Shopping Cart is stuck in status I1111 (Item in transfer process).

Other terms

Application Monitor, I1112, I1111, Monitor Shopping Cart

Reason and Prerequisites

This is a FAQ note, which shows how to treat such Shopping Carts.

Solution

Shopping Cart status I1111 (Item in transfer process) is a temporary status, which means that shopping cart is being processed in order to generate a follow-on document.

However, it is possible that status I1111 becomes permanent and, in this case, shopping cart status is inconsistent.

There are some procedures to be considered when shopping cart is stuck in status I1111.

Report BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED is available to change the status of the shopping cart item from I1111 to 'Error in transmission' (I1112) and later on, it is possible to retransfer this shopping cart from Application Monitor/Monitor Shopping Cart transactions.

Note 441768 provides more information about this report.

However, BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED works in a time stamp. BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED will check shopping carts created after date specified in table BBP_CONTROL.

To check this information, go to SE16 -> BBP_CONTROL and as input parameter provide the report name. Here you will see the last date that report has been run.

If you have a shopping cart in status I1111 which is older than date specified in table BBP_CONTROL, you have to change manually the time stamp specified in such table. You have to specify an older date (before shopping cart creation).

Doing this, you can run report BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED and cart in question will have status I1112 assigned.

Once status I1112 is assigned to shopping cart, you can retransfer it from Application Monitor (BBPWEBMONITOR transaction in SAP_GUI) or Monitor Shopping Cart in the web.

To transfer Shopping Carts from BBPWEBMONITOR, some settings need to be done.

Following notes should be considered:

----

FAQ Alert monitor RZ20 does not show any alerts

BBP Alert monitor RZ20 does not work

The Shopping Card are not transfered after "resubmit"

----

According note 387701, workflows WS10000214 and WS10000215 have to be activated. One of them is to delete shopping cart item using Application Monitor and the other one is to resubmit the cart. Then, once this settings are done, you can retransfer I1112 carts from Application Monitor.

If all settings are done and you have a cart with status I1112 that it is not appearing in Application Monitor, report BBP_ALERT_SC_STATUS_ERROR is available, which checks the carts in status I1112 and put them in the Application Monitor, in order to allow you to transfer them again. Note 631513 explains about this report.

Additional notes to be considered in this scenario:

----

Transfer function does not create local purchase orders

BBP_MON_SC: Shopping cart transfer ends in status I1111

Cannot transfer shopping carts with status I1112

----

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 09.08.2010 16:04:09

Master Language: English

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Consulting

Primary Component: SRM-EBP-SHP Shopping Cart

Secondary Components: SRM-EBP-APM Application Monitors

Affected Releases

Release-Independent

Related Notes

1233037 - BBP_MON_SC: Shopping cart transfer ends in status I1111

1159609 - Transfer function does not create local purchase orders

1040878 - Cannot transfer shopping carts with status I1112

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1498793 - Monitor SC: shopping cart stuck in 'item in transfer'

Summary

Symptom

In monitor shopping cart, you see a cart with items in status 'Error in Transmission'(I1112). You go to the details of the cart and delete the faulty item and order the cart. You continue with the same session and reload the cart using monitor shopping cart search. When you try to create the follow-on document using 'create follow-on document' button, valid items are stuck in I1111.

Other terms

BBP_PD_SC_RESUBMIT I1111 I1112 Deleted

Reason and Prerequisites

This is due to the buffer not being reset. When a SC is deleted and you back to monitor SC search, the item shows deleted as the values are read from database in function module BBP_BW_SC_SELECT_1. When we try to re-create follow-on document, as the buffers were already filled, deleted item is not being considered.

THIS IS SERVIC EPACK 9 NOTE ... SO IMPLEMENT AND SEE THE EFFECT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am not sure whether sourcing is implemented or not.

I mean whether the shopping cart should go to sourcing or it gets auto sourced in your case.

What ever may be the case try the following function module -

Execute transaction SE37 and enter the FM BBP_REQREQ_RESUBMIT and then give the shopping cart number in REQNO field and then execute.

As you said the P.O is not yet created in SRM system, the above said function module should work considering the shopping cart is in approved status and in the Follow on documents the status says Approved and in transfer process.

Also check whether the jobs CLEAN_REQREQ_UP and BBP_GET_STATUS_2 are working fine or not.

Let us know the outcome after following the above steps to help you further in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

This note looks like it's going to be the fix! I have sent the request to have it applied and I should be able to test it in the morning. I will let you know tomorrow, thanks!! I'm not sure why I didn't find it in OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem still not solved. Here is what I have done and what is now happening.

First we applied note 1498793, the note states our issue perfectly so I am very surprised that it did not fix the issue.

Second, I ran report BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED. This changed the status of the shopping cart to Error in Process, this means the status in RZ20 changed from I1111 to I11112 (Error in Transmission)

The other notes listed are all behind our current status of SRM 7 support Pack 8, so they don't apply.

Finally, per Rama's comments I ran function module BBP_REQREQ_RESUBMIT with the SC #. I do get an error the first time I run this for a given shopping cart. The error (BBP_PD396) indicates that the local PO can't be created without IPC pricing.

My BASIS resource said that IPC is integrated in SRM 7 and is running. I then ran report BBP_CND_CUSTOMIZING_CHECK.

At the top it says:

SRM Release: 700 SRM Patch Level: 0008

IPC Version:

Classic Light Pricing is Active

Group Conditions are not Used

IPC is now running in VMC

Further down there is a button that says simulation of manual pricing, when I click that I see IPC pricing not yet functioning. So this report shows conflicting information but it seems that our IPC is running and I am not sure if ths is related to the issue or not at this point.

both jobs CLEAN_REQREQ_UP and BBP_GET_STATUS_2 are running and do not have errors.

Thanks,

matt

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I request you to create an OSS message.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI we just applied support pack 9 and it did NOT fix the problem.

Thanks for all your help, I will have to submit a message to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

SRM70 has lot of issues around transferring documents and status update between SRM and ECC system. We have some issue related to status not updating in SRM though PO is created and status shows "Item in Transfer". SAP asked us to apply note 1499352 with lot of manual activities. But we could not apply the note because of technical issues.

You can try the above note for your issue. That note has various similar issues related to item transfer status.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note says that it's for SRM 7 enhancement pack 1 and for classic scenario. We are running extended classis and we have not implemented enhp 1. The issues are similar in the note though.

Our issue is not the backend document, we can't even get the local PO created for standard items. For limit items everything works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am also working in SRM 7.0.

Scenario : Extended classic scenario.

created a shopping cart -approved and SRM P.O is not created automatically but the P.O Status is in SAVED

condition. when I manually change the P.O and ordered it is ordered and replicated to the backend.

Is this the same scenario for you

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

RESOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE:

SAP provided me with a solution.

We just needed to DE-activate the following BADI:

BBP_PRICEDATA_READ

If this BADI is active then the IPC is NOT functioning for manual pricing and it must be fully functioning at least to create the local PO with extended classic.

Odd things to consider, the issue did not exist even with the BADI active prior to application of suppport packs.

Limit orders always worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I'm facing the same issue in my system.

Can you please advise if it was resolved after applying the SAP note ?

Please reply back.

Regards,

Sambit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, when we de-activated the badi, per OSS telling us to do it....it worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthuraman,

Could you please provide more details/difference between the fixed vendor(19) and preffered supplier(39)?

Thanks,

Kavin S