Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Performance monitoring GUI tools

former_member199694
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

We have Oracle 10g / 11g database on which SAP instances are running. Whenever, any bottleneck issue, I used to logon as ora<sid> and look for processes / space/ file system space etc.

Wondering, if any Oracle GUI tool available to monitor. I am not very familiar with oracle tools.

Thanks,

Raj S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In tcode DBACOCKPIT you can see information of DATABASE Oracle

Regards

William Neira

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also you can use the Oracle tool - Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control. The Oracle Universal Installer installs Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control when you install the Oracle software. Enterprise Manager Database Control provides a Web-based interface that you can use to manage your Oracle instance and database.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also use db02 for tablespace,index, db24 or db14 for database operations monitor,db26 for database profile monitor.

db03 for any database parameter changes.

Regards,

Kiron.

former_member199694
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the input. I have been using SAP provided transactions like DB02 etc. In fact as Sanujit suggested, was using OEM ( Oracle Enterprise Manager) too. However, all these missing the big picture to fix the issues quickly. I am thinking of using some 3rd party tools for atleast monitoring.

thanks,

Raj S

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean results are not quick enough to avoid serious issues , Then you may configure CCMS to utilize some standard alert mechanism for related DB, or can use solution manager for monitoring.

Regards

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use transaction ST04 to see the database related information.

Regards,

Digesh