cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End point creation problem

0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a web service in my development system using se37 and SAP created the endpoint for me and the webservice works great when i call from outside. I transported the web service to QA system but I guess SAP doesn't transport the endpoint. So i went into SOAMANAGER to create the end point. After i created the point I tried to call the web service from the outside system and i noticed that the structure of the web service has changed and i am getting errors too. My question is, can i transport the end point? not sure maybe some one had a problem with sap generated endpoint & SOAMANAGER created end point.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Here is what i get inside the HTML

This issue is also happening in DEV system.

when sap creates the end point the service name looks like this (in DEV)

<wsdl:service name="Z_MOBILE_INVLISTINGService">

if i remove the endpoint and create manually in SOAMANGER the XML shows the service name like this (in DEV)

<wsdl:service name="Z_MOBILE_INV_LISTING">

The word 'Service' at the end is removed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

If memory serves me, doesn't the service name depend on what you specify?

Like in SE37, in the 'Create Service' step, it uses the value that you enter in the 'Service Definition' field. In SOAMANAGER it would also use what you specifiy as a service name.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

You can't transport endpoint configuration. You have to do the endpoint configuration again in QA.

Can you please clarify what you mean that the 'structure' has changed? If the WSDL structure has changed then it probably has to do with you having 2 different ECC versions (or different SP levels or something) for Dev & QA. There's not much you can do about that except to get Basis to get both on the same levels.

Regards, Trevor