Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Table Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone point me to a list of all Sap delivered transactions that allow a user to directly update tables? I have thought about using table USOBT and finding all transactions where su24 sticks s_tabu_dis with 02 into the role, I am hoping there are flaws with this line of thought because that comes back with a ton of transactions and monitoring them all would be difficult.

I may also be thinking about this incorrectly, is there a way to monitor direct table updates system wide without having to use GRC to monitor each transaction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Se11 if the tables is allowed for maintain then you should be able to modify the table. If you give access to se16n then big problem for you as all tables you can modify using se16n.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Se11 if the tables is allowed for maintain then you should be able to modify the table. If you give access to se16n then big problem for you as all tables you can modify using se16n.

0 Kudos

>

> In Se11 if the tables is allowed for maintain then you should be able to modify the table. If you give access to se16n then big problem for you as all tables you can modify using se16n.

You will struggle to maintain table KBEROBJ with SE16N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SE11 with S_DEVELOP 01 or 02 is needed but the user also needs a developer key in production (DEVACCESS - not likely we hope...) and the user needs SE11_OLD (called immediately) and SCC4 has to be used to open the client. edit(better add we are on an old 4.6C just in case this is specific to my client)edit

Apart from that SE16N's little &thingy should have been fixed according to Julius in another thread recently?

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 17, 2010 5:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waldon,

I would go with a different approach for your situation. I would generate a report using SUIM with all the roles having

S_Tabu_DIs with change option and then check the list of users having them.

Regards,

Venkatesh.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I ask what table(s) they want to perform the direct table update on? Are they custom tables, or are they SAP tables?

May be silly for stating the obvious, but direct table updates can be very dangerous. Why wouldn't you either call transaction or bapi? Abap would have to build it.. so it is more overhead, but much safer. Just a thought

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try table TSTPV. The field "Parameter" defines if the transaction is a variant of another transaction.

So, if for eg, you need a list of all SM30 transaction variants, search for SM30Update* in Parameter field.

Hope this helps.

Regards.