cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build expression based on fields other than those in formula editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to build the expression (with expression type 0FB001) in BRF based on the fields other than those in the field list of the formula editor. For example, I would like to build expression based on custom fields of an RFx. How could I achieve this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You have to create a custom expression with type '0CF001' to get the custom field value and then use the value into compare the value

'0FB001'. The export parameter EV_VALUE of expression type '0CF001' will hold the custom field value..

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan.

I have tried to create a FM type expression (0CF001), but I am not sure I follow your suggestion below:

>> then use the value into compare the value '0FB001'.

What should be the ev_value of the access FM? I have seen several FMs (for expression rule adaptor) by value help. Is there a FM that I can base my own FM on?

Thanks!

Edited by: Jay Yang on Nov 17, 2010 9:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I think your business requirement is to get the custom field value and compare against with something like (For example 10,000 USD)... copy FM '/SAPSRM/WF_BRF_0EXP000" into a custom FM 'ZSAPSRM/WF_BRF_0EXP000'.. you will see a variable "lv_document_guid" which will hold the RFx header Guid value, then call the FM'BBP_PROCDOC_GETDETAIL' to get the current RFx custom field value and pass the value to EV_VALUE.. now assign the custom FM to custom "0CF001" custom expression.. now you are good compare the custom field value with in the 0FB001.. Hope you understand this.. please let me know if you need more information...

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

Thank you for the explanation. I believe I start to understand your answer now. I will give it a shot.

Thanks again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

One thing I am still not clear about is why woudn't you create the 0CF001 custom expression with my own FM 'ZSAPSRM/WF_BRF_0EXP000' and output the EV_VALUE as a boolean. Then directly assign this expression to the event for my 1-step workflow. (In the custom FM, I would put in all conditions, including multiple comparisons, than give an overall 'X' or space based on all the conditions.) Why is the second expression (to make use of the first custom expression) necessary?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saravanan,

Thanks for providing your detailed input. I am now able to control the approval process via custom FM expression.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Nice that my suggestion help to resolved your issue..

Regards,

Saravanan

Answers (0)