cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine is not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

our J2EE Engine is not starting. After application restart in SAP MMC's process list for disp+work.exe the status is yellow (Running, Message Server connectionok, ...., J2EE: Some processes running). In the J2EE Process table the server0 is stopped. He tries to start it a couple of times, but after all it stopps with exitcode -11113. So I've checked the dev_trace, the entry was:

[Thr 2376] Wed Nov 17 15:41:35 2010

[Thr 2376] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.box.number=EI3DVEBMGS00chopin] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 2376] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.host=chopin] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 2376] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.port=3201] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 2376] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.system.id=0] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 1128] Wed Nov 17 15:45:06 2010

[Thr 1128] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.bc.krn.perf.PerfTimes

[Thr 1128] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.JStartupFramework

[Thr 1128] JLaunchISetClusterId: set cluster id 2121050

[Thr 1128] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Initial (0)] to [Waiting for start (1)]

[Thr 1128] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Waiting for start (1)] to [Starting (2)]

[Thr 5284] Wed Nov 17 15:45:34 2010

[Thr 5284] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.mw.rfc.driver.CpicDriver

[Thr 5284] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.i18n.cp.ConverterJNI

[Thr 5900] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = -11113)

[Thr 5900] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 5900] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -11113)

So I searched a little and found this [Thread|] and modified the Heapsize. As our Server is a 32-bit machine I used this sizes:

Max heap size: 1024M

-Xms1024M // old size: 512

-XX:PermSize=512M // old size: 128

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M // old size: 128

-XX:NewSize=320M // old size: 86

-XX:MaxNewSize=320M // old size: 86

The result was another error message in dev_trace:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

[Thr 2396] JLaunchIAbortJava: abort hook is called

[Thr 2396] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => The Java VM aborted unexpectedly.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'Java VM crashes'

[Thr 2396] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -2)

ok, so I changed the sizes again to:

Max heao size: 1024M

-XX:MaxPermSize=128M

-XX:PermSize=512M

-Xms512M

-XX:NewSize=320M

-XX:MaxNewSize=86M

But there's still the same error occurring.

Please, does someone has an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Tan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

666 means Out Of Memory error... so you will need to check your memory parameters. SAP note 723909 provides some recommendations to tune the WAS Java. To change the memory parameters, you have to use the Config Tool and, after the changes are made, restart the system again.

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your advice. Finally its running. I've changed the memory parameters on my 32-bit machine to:

-Xmx1024m

-Xms1024m

-XX:PermSize=256m

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-XX:NewSize=160m

-XX:MaxNewSize=160m

Previously the values were lower.

Thank you both for your help.

Best regards,

Tan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The communication user SAPJSF must be equally defined in java an ABAP.

In UME, check the values of parameters

ume.r3.connection.master.user

ume.r3.connection.master.passwd

These values must be the same that the values in ABAP (the user must exist and the password must be the same).

Check this documentation.

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

thank you for your posting. It's getting better, but it's still not running. I've set up the same password in client 001 and in the java ume and restarted the cluster. When starting the server0 is J2EE Process Table is starting framework, then starting apps, but after something about 9 minutes its restarting, but it seems not to have errors (in the J2EE Process Table there are restarts displayed but no errors. So its better than before where the server0 restarts after 30 seconds and stopps restarting after 3 errors and 4 restarts.

But nows he's restarting and restarting....

In TA SMICM there is the J2EE server operational TRUE which was not before. When checking the RFC Destination there comes the status "not ready" during Starting framework phase and status "Service unavailable" during starting apps phase.

Here are some parts of the dev_trave:

-

"VM Thread" prio=5 tid=0x003cec80 nid=0x1028 runnable

"Suspend Checker Thread" prio=10 tid=0x011d8038 nid=0x7e0 runnable

[Thr 4136] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = 666)

[Thr 4136] **********************************************************************

[Thr 4136] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = 666)

-

"VM Thread" prio=5 tid=0x003cec80 nid=0xb50 runnable

"VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=10 tid=0x011dcc88 nid=0x9e4 waiting on condition

"Suspend Checker Thread" prio=10 tid=0x011d8038 nid=0x748 runnable

[Thr 2896] Thu Nov 18 09:13:33 2010

[Thr 2896] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = 666)

[Thr 2896] **********************************************************************

[Thr 2896] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = 666)

-

... and so on.

I'm not sure whether I should change or add entries in the configtool.bat like in your link recommended. The Engine was running with this settings before.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

exit code -11113 means that a core service did not start. Look for "Core service * failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started" in std_server0 trace to determine the service that did not start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the log file and found several correspondig entries:

-

-

Nov 17, 2010 5:09:54 PM com.sap.security.core.persistence [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_88] Fatal: User Management Engine (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed to connect to the ABAP backend system. Check that connection data are correct and the backend system is available. Error message: "Kennwortanmeldung nicht mehr möglich - zuviele Fehlversuche!(Password login not possible - too much failed attempts)". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "{

passwd=********

receiverid=master

sysnr=$$

client=001

poolmaxsize=10

user=SAPJSF

receiverid_guest=master

ashost=localhost

poolmaxwait=10000

}

Nov 17, 2010 5:09:54 PM com.sap.security.core.persistence [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_88] Fatal: Initialization of UME persistence adapter "R3_DATASOURCE" failed.

service com.sap.security.core.ume.service ================= ERROR =================

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Nov 17, 2010 5:10:26 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_71] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed.

Nov 17, 2010 5:10:35 PM

com.sap.engine.core.Framework Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service dbpool failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Additionally there is an error:

Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: The Syntax for Filename, foldername or data carrier is wrong

Core service dbpool failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

-

-

The first entry says, that user SAPJSF in Client 001 is locked - so I unlocked it on client 001, but it's still not running - same error.

What else do I have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be that SAPJSF is used elsewhere locking the user up again. Easy way out would be to create another user SAPJSF_SID with authorizations similar to SAPJSF and use its credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied the user SAPJSF on Client 001 and Productiveclient to user SAPJSF:SID and changed the user in contigtool.bat.

Unfortunately without any influence. Still the same error.

Maybe there's something wrong with the instance properties....is that possible?