cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods Determination in Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found out from help.sap that free goods determination doesn't take place in quotations. (Reason: Free goods determination takes place only when document category is "C") please correct me If I am wrong.

I have a user who is after my BLOOD now, that he want free goods determination to take place in Quotations. I am sure some one in our forum would have had such a situation. How this was addressed?

Can any one help me here to fulfil this requirement. Many thanks in advance.

Yash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yash,

Basically Users may not know the limitations of SAP. In such case, we need to discuss the actual need & purpose of the requirement.

Is this requirement is really required, if required how it is going to be benefit to the client? & free goods determination in quotation is just to show the customer or is there any availability check is carried out @ free good component level.

- What is the actual purpose having free goods in Quotation? That may give you the hint to proceed further.

Still if required,

As expressed, you can process through BOM which will explode in Quotation. But I dont think this suffice client requirement. I guess, Client intention is not just displaying the free goods in Quotation, there could be some thing else , they want to achieve, which you need to find out from your User only.

some unwanted/illogical requirements will be simply ignored after the Discussion with the Client. Happens in every project.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yash

You are right: Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category C (for example, not quotations).

You may quote Help documentation and OSS note 549505 to your blood hound.

I suggest the following workaround: Set up a BOM for the main item and let the free good/s be components. Since it is a BOM, you can set up the proportion- e.g. 2 free goods for one main item etc. Set up item cat determination to find item cat TANN for the component. It is not very elegant and may not serve all types of free goods functionalities like Exclusive, Inclusive, Delivering together, Pricing conditions etc. But you may give it a try.

549505 - FAQ: Free goods definition and uses

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/dd/55fa4e545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm