cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ordered quantity in 2 storage locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have material M1 of 100 pieces stored in 2 storage locations say( SL1=50,SL2=50) in 1 plant.

Now i create an order fo 80 pieces. quantity is getting confirmed and order is saved.

Now VL01n- storage location is entered manually and so the pick quantity.

How do you process such order. what needs to be done in the delivery document.

partial delivery is allowed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How do you process such order. what needs to be done in the delivery document

Before answering your above question, let me know what do you want ?? You want the system to control for one storage location in delivery ?? If so, you can assign storage location rule (MALA) in delivery header OVLK and assign the storage location in OVL3 based on the combination mentioned in MALA

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati,

if the storage location is determined automatically in delivery document then though i have 70 pieces of stock in plant only 50 will be confirmed and it wont use the stock in second storage location. so for the order to be complete i have to maintain the stock in SL1.

SO I want to know how to process a sales order with 70 quantity and which is maintained in 2 storage locaion(sl1=50,sl2=20)

what i tried to do is in delivery document i changed the deliver qunatity to 50 and picked that stock from sl1 location and done pgi

and again with reference to same order i created a delivery again and now the delivey quantity is shown as 20 so picked that 20 from sl2 location

i want to know if this is a standard process .

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead,

you can transfer the 2 Sloc to 1Sloc with Mov type: 311 ( Tx:MB1B) & dispatch the complete order qtty in single delivery.

Normally the practise is, There will be single storage location for all saleble materials. From this location all the dispatches will be made.

As you have already mapped, You can adopt the above process, instead creating multiple deliveries.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If this is your requriment, instead of giving one material or one line item, try by giving two line items in the sales order by that you will be having an opportunity of entering two different storage locations in material is available.

for eg:

plant Sloc

1000 1000

1000 1001

and process the sales order and try creating delivery.

any how you have done OVL3 that is storage location determination so that it will come automatically into the delivery.

i tested in by SBX.

please do the same and update forum.

regards,

balajia