Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System refresh on a Linux - Maxdb - procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Colleagues,

Does anyone of you tell me where I can find a procedure to refresh our

ECC 6.0 EHP1 quality system from ECC 6.0 EHP1 productive system ?

Our ECC 6.0 EHP1 runs on unix OS and MaxDB database.

We are using only OS backup.

Best regards

SAP NetWeaverAdmin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by OS backup? are you shutting down your SAP and DB for OS backup?

If you go through the system refresh guide which has all the required MaxDB process for system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want update the System QAS you can perform a client copy since PRO to QAS. In transaction SCC8 you can do this, the tcode SCC8 created a order request save the settings and data of source system.

You must select the profile that best suits what you need, SAP provides different profiles for the client copy, you can find more information on these profiles:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards,

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

SAP and Oracle are not stopped during the backup.

Both productive and quality system are running on a VMWare (linux - maxdb) plaftorm.

I can just copy the data file from PRD to QAS.

But after copying datafiles, do I have, as it is necessary on oracle, to recreate control files ?

I can check of course if there are control files in Maxdb, but if someone has already made a system refresh on Linux / MaxDB,

that would help me a lot.

Best regards

P. Cuennet

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use backup / reostore option for this purpose. There is no control file but you have to re-configure xuser utility. The system refresh document has specific points for maxdb. As per my understanding maxdb db refresh is easy than oracle.

follow Note 1014782 - FAQ: MaxDB system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly max db system copy is easier than oracle , take online backup , Run sapinst to start system copy , restore DB ..continue and that is all.

Only thing need to di is read system copy guide and note Provided by Sunil.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always take online/offline backup of maxdb using maxdb GUI tool (Database manager) , use that bacup for system copy.

Best is to read system copy guide .

Regards.