cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass data from one UIBB to anothere UIBB in OIF/GAF - FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

as of now i am using FPM only for displaying data from different components.

now i would like to pass the data from one UIBB to another by calling second UIBB on action of a button. (instead of using standard path in GAF scenario)

how could i achieve this. is there any difference mechanism's for UIBB's of single component and UIBB's from different different components.

it would be great if some one can explain or help me reg this issue on both OIF and GAF FPM's.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Kranthi kumar Palle.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the FPM_DEMO_GAF application in FPM_GAF_COMPONENT.

Also there are examples in package APB_FPM_DEMO.

Regards,

Lekha.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have used the singleton class approach to have the cross component communication.

Regards,

Lekha.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are generally two different approaches to this. You can use a faceless shared data Web Dynpro Component. This is special interface for the WD Component that is part of the FPM framework. You then use cross component context binding to share a single context between all inner UIBB Components.

The other approach is simply to share data via a normal ABAP class. Generally you use a singleton pattern so that all UIBBs share a single instance of the class. This approach has lower memory requirements becuase the cross component context binding approach needs to copy the data of the share context into each UIBB. This approach is also eaiser to use when you have Generic UIBBs which are implemented as feeder classes instead of Web Dynpro Components. The last 15 minutes of the TechEd session CD203 - Best Practices for Web Dynpro ABAP was dedicated to this very topic. You can view this session online for free from this link:

http://tinyurl.com/2uzu7z4

I discuss the pros and cons of each approach as well as provide some code samples for the implementation of each.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks Much for the helpful demo.

Regards,

Lekha.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've actually combined these two approaches to data sharing - I've passed a class reference in the shared data component. This is nice (in my opinion) because it is very obvious where the data is coming from and who it is shared with. It also means that there is not a huge overhead in passing data through the shared context, because you are just replicating a reference to a class instance.

And - you don't have to deal with singleton classes :-). So if you want/need to extend your implementation at a later date (for example embedding multiple instances of the same "app" in the one window - or suspending and resuming to another instance of the same app you can then do this. (NB - suspend resume to launch another FPM app does not work because of this (amongst other things)).

NB a shared data component need not be faceless! I certainly have "shared data" UIBBs that also have UI components - possibly not best practice - but it certainly can be done.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Thanks all.

is there any standard example components to differentiate creation of UIBBs which are implemented as feeder classes and Web Dynpro Components.

Regards,

Kranthi.