cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA - > Get Default connection or Decode Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I want to call an RFC from ISA using JCO and I find connection data in Session Data.

Perhaps the password is encripted.

How can I retrieve the real passaword?!?!

Or how can I retrieve the "default" connection?!?!?

Thanks for help,

Mik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to call RFCs in ISA you have to do it from the Backend Layer (see Extension Guide). From there you can easily get an connection by calling getDefaultJCoConnection(). You have to write a class extending BackendBusinessObjectBaseSAP and register it in eai-config.xml (ISA 3.x) or backendobject-config.xml (ISA 4.0). You therefore do not need to create JCo connections on your own. Calling RFCs from other layers (e.g. Actions, Business Objects) is not supported in ISA because connection handling is then not controlled by the ISA framework. This can have an negative impact on the performance/stability of the application.

Regards Marek

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mik,

The Development and extension guide has some extension tutorials with demo code. I think one of the demos talk about usage of the default connection to call custom RFCs.

http://service.sap.com/crm-inst -> SAP CRM -> Installation and Upgrade Guides (Page 178)

Cheers,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look in the XCM admin then you can see that there are the full settings for the JCO connection.

The entrypoint for XCM is:

server/context/admin

(the default username is Administrator with a blank password).

Hence, once you have a webshop running you don't have to worry about the connection parameters anymore.

When you want to create a custom backend call you should follow the ISA BackendObject Framework, this framework offers you a convenient way of creating new RFC counterparts in ISA. Basically you should not create RFC calls outside of this framework (although it is completely possible to do so of course).

You can decrypt the password as well with one of the utility classes in the ISA packages, but it is most likely not necessary for you to do so.

Cheers,

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I don't undestand!

I don't find the package/class for decode password.

Which class I must use?

I search in Documentation but I don't find.

Thanks for help.

Mik