cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM experts,

I`ve got a question refering to the SRM systemlandscape and especially with the focus on the cross-client settings.

We have SRM 5.5 server with one productive system and one dev/test system. The productive System is connected to the productive ERP backend, the dev/test SRM is connected to the Integration ERP.

So far no problem.

Furthermore we have got a sandbox (copy of productive ERP) and for some tests it is cecessary to connect a copy of our productive SRM. First idea was to create a new virtuel system for the SRM copy. This would be a a huge work to to for the admins.

So someone made another suggestion.

The idea is to create a new client in the dev/test SRM an use this client for the ERP sandbox connection and tests. This new client should be a copy of the productive SRM. Is this a possible and reasonable way?

Do we have to expect any problems if we do it this way? Are the any restrictions refering to the cross-client settings or tables?

Best regards

Susanne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susane

From my understanding Its is not advisable to have two SRM Clients on one server. But wait for few more expert comments on this post

Regards

Virender Singh

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susane,

I suggest you to copy your SRM production system into exisitng Dev/Test enviornment and use this system for connecting to ERP sandbox backend.

Can you please elaborate purpose so that we can share our ideas....I understand from you that you need SRM production data for testing kind of activites so that test results would be good...is the same purpose you are looking?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and good morning,

first of all thank you for your help.

As required I will try to clarify my purpose.

We set up a huge project which ist not an SRM project and for this project in the beginning we use the ERP sandbox. In order to test dependency with SRM we need a SRM system or client in addition to our regular landscape.

Summarized, we want to set up an additional SRM which is to be connected to the sandbox. For this additional SRM I want to know the best way for setup.

Do we need a seperate system or is it possible to set up a new client of the dev/test SRM an use this client as additional SRM.

I hope my intention is clear enough now.

Thanks

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can anybody help me to answer my question?

Regards Susanne

0 Kudos

Hello,

In my opinion, Cross Client Customizing is not preferrable and not advised. There may be few table entries that may be still used cross client and it will be very difficult to summarise them and rectify.

My suggestion for your particular Case : Copy the SRM productive system into your current SRM dev system and use it for whatever testing is supposed to be done. After completion, you can again use it as the development system.

Regards

Mustameer

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Susanne,

in my opinion you can copy your productive system to your development system as a new client, assuming that development versions are more or less similar on both SRM systems.

Then you can connect your new client to your ERP sandbox system. For this, you have to set up logical systems and RFC connections and you have to change all logical-system dependent settings in your new SRM client.

SAP has a document on this how to copy and transport a SRM system and what steps are necessary afterwards. You'll find it at service.sap.com/instguides under SRM Server 5.5.

Best regards,

Karsten