cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Of Forecast From DP To SNP (For Some Locations, Only Baseline)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Generally, we follow the following procedure....In the month begining, we generate the baseline forecast for all the locations (we are having around 20 branches). Then we used to open the DP planning book for a couple of days to our branch persons so that they are able to feed their correction. After which we release the final forecast i.e. Baseline Forecast +/- Branch correction to SNP for further proceesing.

This month, we opened the planning book (as usual). Branches did the branch correction. But on final checking, we found that around 4 - 5 branches have done corrections / updations very vagely i.e. roughly. So, we wants to ignore their branch correction.

My query be that is it possible that while releasing the Forecast from DP to SNP... can we release baseline forecast for selective five branches and for the rest of the branches, we wants to release final forecast key figure i.e. Baseline +/- Branch correction.

Kindly advise further.

With Best Regards,

Sanjeev Chugh

17-NOV-2010 (AN)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjeev

You have not mentioned at what level you are doing the forecasting. If forecasting is done at material- branch level then what you are asking can be achieved easily. All you have to do is go to /n/sapapo/mc90 ( or create a release profile) and for the branches for which you want to release baseline forecast , you have to specify the baseline forecast keyfigure in the input and specify the material branches in the i/p criteria. For adjusted forecast you have to use another variant and specify the adjusted forecast key figure and the corresponding material branches.

Iam not sure how your requirement can be achieved in case you are forecasting @ material level.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aparna,

Thanks a lot for the very help ful answer. I have given u full award points. Si, Shall like to close this thread.

With Best Regards,

Sanjeev Chugh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

If you are using the Release Profile which is assigned to the DP Background job, you would need to:

1. Create a new Release Profile with the 'Baseline Forecast' Key Figure linked

2. Create a new DP Background activity with this new Release Profile assigned

3. Create a new DP Background job with the DP Background activity created above assigned and in this job, assign the selection ID containing the plants for which you only intend to send over the Baseline Forecast

4. Change the selection ID in existing DP Background job for Forecast Release such that it contains only the plants for which the Final Forecast value is correct.

Regards,

Sandeep Deolekar