cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast value for a product missing in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

while transferring the forecast from DP to SNP the forecast values for a single product are missing in SNP.

what could be the reason..could you please share your ideas..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check if you are able to see the correct the FCST at least in /SAPAPO/RRP3 - Product View for respective products. In our case we had similar issue where we had incorrect Requirements Strategy defined the Material master (/SAPAPO/MAT1 u2013 Product) in APO.

Please also check the time streams which are defined and assigned to respective location. Mainly for shipping calendar and receiving calendar.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol, Thanks for the quick reply, the master datas are quite fine in this case, i observed that in one time period the fcst value in SNP is less than the same fcst value in DP. example in DP i have the forecast value 1000 and when the same is transferred to SNP i get a value of 900...i would like to know how the 100 is missing..

where to find..can you share your ideas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At which level you are doing the FCST. In APO SNP, we do the planning at Product/ Locations , so we will not able to find Customer information. If you are using background job for releasing the FCST from APO DP to SNP , please check the aggregation level defined in job. It should product location only.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SNP it is product/location level only..found the same fcst values for a customer in the DP planning book..then i suspected if this particular values are not transferred..iam not sure if my asumption is correct..

checked the master data and observed that the period split profile is blank..and i tried to correct the forecast value in planning book(our fcst kf is editable) with the original forecast value and tried to put other sample values..when i try the same in all the cases the missing forecast value(ex:100) is not updating...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even we have monthly buckets in APO DP and APO SNP, if we have period split parameter will decide weather it has to release the FCST only in future. If you release the FCST some where in the middle of bucket, it will only release the remaining FCST.So for example if we have demand plan for this week 150 boxes

u2022 You enter a '1.

Oct 30 Oct 31 Nov 1 Nov 2 Nov 3

- - 30 30 30

In this case it will only release 90 FCST to APO SNP.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks amol you are correct..the forecast value for the last week in this month has not arrived...could you please tell me how can i bring this value back and have the correct forecast value for the month...

Former Member
0 Kudos

further, i checked the period split profile in product master and its empty, means the "split according to work days(entire period)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol, when debugged i found that the missing values(from DP to SNP) equal to the fcst values for a customer..how to rectify this..could this be the reason..try to display the customer in the location master but i could not it does not exist..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol, The issue resolved now. we have used /sapapo/md74 to delete the obsolete forecast..thsi is a must if you want to delete the forecast orders coz this will correctly update the DB tables for the withdrawls..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it first bucket where you have issue , if yes please cross check the period split parameter.

As asked above can you check the FCST in /SAPAPO/RRP3 - Product View and let us now how much FCST you are able to see. Please also check the last tab called Forecast in product view.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked the product view for this product and found the forecast value same as the one in the snp planning book. as i have told you earlier the mismatch occured only in the first time period in the snp monthly view..and the forecast was released in mnths only..so there should not be a problem with the period split right..

where else i could check the discrepancy..pls share your ideas..Thanks& Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

the forecast for only one time period is mismatching. rest of the forecast arrives correctly.

what could be the reason..