cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Files at the Receiver end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured scenario Proxy to File with 1:2 transformation (Interface collections) ie

1 Sender and Receiver Service

1 Sender interface

2 Receiver interface

1 Message and interface mapping

1 Receiver determination

1 Interface determination

2 Receiver file channel with FCC

The QoS is Exactly Once.

My scenario is failing at Adapter Engine (Receiver end) failing to create 2 text files.

My Question is

1. The Status of the File Receiver channel in monitoring are in error status displaying "Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error: invalid receiver channel 'a3478068e95133a8ad28777a3fe1344d'" What is the reason for this ? I checked the Cache update and cache is upto date.

2.In SXMB_MONI , When Checked the trace part of Receiver Determination it correctly displays

"<Trace level="2" type="T">Number of Receivers:1</Trace> "

But when i checked Trace for Interface Determination it is displaying " InterfaceCollection</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">...valid InbIf without Condition: InterfaceCollection</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Number of receiving Interfaces:1</Trace> "

Here it should display "Number of receiving Interfaces:2 " Right? What is the reason for this ? do we have todo multimapping?

3.In Message monitoring for Adapter Engine i could see messages in Holding state. what is the specific reason in his case (I know the literal/functional meaning) of messages going to holding state . "Maintain Order at Runtime" is checked in Interface Determination?

May I know in which situation the messages would goto into holding state (isit because IE was not able to find 2 receiver interface) and without unchecking the "Maintain Order at Runtime" option and manual intervention isit possible to process the scenario successfully?

Many thanks in Advance .

Regards,

Pavithra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have two receiver interface , so Do you mean you have any condition which will enable you get file from 1 interface at a time ?

Have you properly configured your interface mapping ?

You need two receiver agrements

You donot need to check maintain order at runtime because there is no order in which your interfaces to be executed , it can pass data to interface 1 or interface 2 depending on condition if i am not wrong

regards

Ninad

Edited by: Ninad Sane on Nov 17, 2010 11:16 AM

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavithra,

Can you tell me one thing, How engine has to decide to send the message to which channel. Do you have added any condition for that? If not, please add the condition.

Status would obviously be Holding because it is not able to decide to which it is suppose to send?

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ninad,

Interface mapping is fine and there are 2 receiver agreements configured .

There are no conditions given in interface mapping since both the receiver interfaces needs to be executed.

Why it is not able to identify 2 receiver interfaces in trace for Interface Determination

Regards,

Pavithra

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this blog .

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Actually multimapping is used when there is message split based on some conditions

In your scenario if there is no condition then you can create 2 separate mappings with same source and differnt target interface

2 separate interface mappings

2 separate interface determinations

1 receiver determination

2 receiver agreements

I am not sure multimapping will work in this scenario

what is your service pack and version

Regards

Ninad

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavithra,

Unless you add condition it will not going to trigger. Your purpose is to be executed both receiver interfaces.

You can create one more dummy receiver interface and add conditions basing upon your business need.

Regards

Pothana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I clarified my 2nd doubt by reading through the SAP Document "http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/ea20e737f33ee9e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm"

I still need clarification for the 1st point

The Inbound messages are in Holding status and ends up in system error message beacause the Receiver CC are in error. Receiver communication channel are displaying "Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error: invalid receiver channel 'a3478068e95133a8ad28777a3fe1344d'" . What is the reason for this?

I have checked the Receiver agreements and the cache all are perfect.

I would like to know why the channels are displaying as " Invalid receiver channel"

Regards,

Pavithra

Edited by: Pavithra L on Nov 18, 2010 6:12 AM

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

As you went through the SAP documentation , May I kindly know what approach you are following now ?

Are you doing multimapping ? previously did you forget to use enhanced interface determination

Can you Please check the Adapter engine CPA cache

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ninad,

Since I am using EHP 1 SAP NetWeaver PI 7.11 , there is no explicit option of selecting "Enhanced Interface Determination" ( Its understood implicitly through the Signature tab in Message mapping (1:n transformation)) and I have done multimapping as message mapping (In the mapping editor, switch to the Signature tab page) for my scenario

The cache (AE) is perfectly fine

I am noting down my observation here.

My scenario uses QoS EO and the " Maintain Order at Runtime" option was checked. There were many System error messages due to other issues for the previous month and holding messages for this month.

I guess due to this the channels were in error though the channels' status were in green but it was displaying message " Message processing failed. Cause:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error: invalid receiver channel '1ac04de4d1103d09b5b9c764c8895e98'"

Now I filtered all the 'system error' messages with Sequence Id and deleted all of them and Resent all the holding messages and there were no message in holding .Now again i tried sending some data's ...the channel are functioning fine and no such error messages are displayed

Regards,

Pavithra

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavithra for the information you shared. The issue of holding status message is new to me and very informative indeed

regards

Ninad