cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display name In Grayfield...How can i change my display name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In our control panel of SCN user account, except Display name, i can "EDIT" every thing.

How can i edit my display name which is in Gray field, (SAP terminology) .

Regards,

MVR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought..

You can change your display name,Just click on the My Profile on the Top of page and you will have new window where you can change the certain information including your Display name. Tried and changes my user name on very 1st page of SCN when I log in but.. As Thomas said it will not change the name in the forum :).

Regards,

Pushkar

Edited by: Pushkar Patil on Nov 17, 2010 4:20 PM : tried to chage the Display name just for testing using the above way but it just changes it on the Login welcome page and later roll backs to the previous display name.

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I changed my display name a couple of days ago in the way you describe. My last name was in all upper-case before. It took a day for the change to take effect in the forum, but it worked fine.

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because you have a D-account. I and C-accounts are also an exception.

P-accounts (SDN only) need to write in to the mail ID mentioned by Thomas.

Cheers,

Julius

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, and here I was thinking I had an S-account Too many account types!

Ethan

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What a chart of accounts, you need an accountant to understand all this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, my mistake.

S-accounts are exceptions as well but G-accounts cannot change anything at all anymore once classed as non-professional user types...

Cheers,

Julius

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible, to keep people from showing shizophrenic tendencies.

You can make your case in an e-mail to sapnetwork (at) sap.com and ask for a change of your displayed name.

Thomas