Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccms alert trigger multiple times

vladimir_ivanov4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please advice me how to configure ccms alert to trigger auto-reaction method mail just once.

We've already set mail triggering on message ID for specific background job log, but mails continue to be send on every several minutes, until job has been deleted from sm37.

Auto-reaction method is copy of CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2, MTE class is <SID>\Background\Background Job Monitoring\<JOB NAME>\Log of Current Job Job_Monitoring_Joblog, Configured on CEN: SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as my knowledge is concerned you will get mail continuously or in a time slot but "just once" cannot be done

as it does not make sense then what is the point of emailalert .i have configured ccms but does not see the option

of getting alert just once

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sethmac,

I dont want to receive mail just once. The issue is, I have set the frequency to 1 hour. I tried changing it to other minutes/hours also but still I get email alert in every 5 minutes.

Thanks.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vladimir

I believe you can do this trough the properties of your autoreaction method, to trigger the autoreaction method using a background job every X minutes instead of triggering on every alert received for that specific MTE.

Please check your autoreaction properties. You can find a sample in following presentation of the screen I refer to:

[http://csc-studentweb.lr.edu/swp/Berg/Conferences/SAP_NW2008_and_Admin_2008/ADMIN/Track4/Track4_session2.pdf]

Kind regards

Tom

vladimir_ivanov4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

Thank you for reply. I've set Execution method settings to Periodically in background process (as a job), but alert again is triggered on every 5 minutes.

Also thank you for the documentation, it is the best organized ccms alert document I've seen, but unfortunately without the topic I need

Regards

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Did u resolve this issue? I'm getting email alert for a certain MTE every 5 mins though its threshold value for data collection and sending alert is every 1 hour.

Thanks.