cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetion in thread once user made as answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderator/Team,

I am the member since so long. I observe that some of the users are raising the same thread again and again even though they made earlier thread status as answer.

I here by giving an example of one thread which has raised by same user in couple days.

Please do the needful for this kind of raising the same question again and again by the same user (repetition). So then you can make additional value to our forum by giving message.

Thanks & Regards,

MVR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest if the question is answered the reply button should not be displayed.

I have created an idea under https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/1909

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest if the question is answered the reply button should not be displayed.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with you and this feature should be removed from the new "closed but unanswered" status as well.

What happens if the answer is wrong and someone wants to add the correct info, even although the OP has walked away?

What happens if the answer can be improved on or updated over time (release upgrades, SP's, etc).

This feature effectively locks the thread, which even moderators only reserve for extreme cases on misuse.

Sorry, but this idea is barking up the wrong tree and I am not happy that someone talked SAP into implementing it without thinking it through sufficiently for those who use knowledge on SCN and don't give a hoot about ponits (forcing a new thread increases overall site ponits).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

Actually, i suggested that do some thing on if the same user raised the thread again and again.

some of the users are raising the same thread again and again even though they made earlier thread status as answer.

Discussion is deviating to what exactly i suggested/requested

Thanks.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually pk said it all. No technical measure possible, we need human intelligence to detect this, please hit the button for such cases.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the rant

I agree with Thomas and PK. There is no medication available for this, just a padlock and scalpel.

Please use the Abuse Reports button.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look here -->

So now we can't help him and keep the information together in one thread...

Please remove this automatic lock feature from the new status and do not use it on other thread status (or statii?).

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever you notice such things, just click the Yellow Triangle (Abuse Report) button and state the reason. The Moderator of that forum will do the rest.

pk