cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A License question regarding "SAP Application Server for System"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me. I applogize if the forum I have chosen is the wrong one.

I need some informtion because I am creating a Software License Compliance Report for another company.

I need to find out whether an application found in add/remove programs called u201CSAP Application Server for Systemu201D requires its own license or whether this application found under u201CAdd/remove Programsu201D is covered by another/a main SAP license? and if the latter is the case, which main SAP application license will also cover u201CSAP Application Server for Systemu201D

Please advise me as I have problems finding this information on the internet.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Unfortunately I need to ask again.

If you could imagine a system where you for each license you purchase fill in a kind of formular so all the necessary informtion is entered. You then attach the scanned license papers or the save email confirming the purchase etc.

The company PCs are then scanned.

Each single scanning result is identified (the process I am in this very moment)

After all this initial work you combine the entered license information with all the identified scans from the company pc's.

So, if I do not have a license paper for "SAP Application Server for System", I would tag it ''Bundled'.

Here comes my next question: What would then be the name of the product/application that 'carries' the license documentation? Which application name would be on the license that I have entered into ny database? I need to refer to it?

Do you understand what I mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your SAP system has only one (central) license. This license is not specific for application servers, but stored in the database of the SAP system.

Kind regards,

Mark