cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error pertains to folder 130JOBLG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Error pertains only to folder 130JOBLG. When we are trying to access the folder the system is throwing an error and it is as follows:

E:\usr\sap\DV1\SYS\global\130JOBLG is not accessible.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Other folders in the E:\usr\sap\DV1\SYS\global are accessible.

Due to this all the scheduled jobs are getting cancelled.

Same error had prevailed in Development Server for sometime, but we had

resolved the issue by renaming of the old 200JOBLG and creating the new

folder with same name.

As an idea towards resolving the issue, we tried to rename the old

130JOBLG folder and to create the new folder with same name. But the

system is throwing the error while renaming the folder.

Please help us to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Regards

Gayathri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

OK then just delete 130JOBLG on os level or move to a different folder

with SAP system stopped

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even after running chkdsk we are unable to resolve the issue.

Tried for deleting the logs in the folder manually but system is throwing the error as "The file is corrupted and unreadable".

Option of renaming the folder and creating the new folder with the same name are tried but not able to do any we are getting the same error "The file is corrupted and unreadable".

Regards

gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stop you SAP system and rename the global folder. Create a new global folder and copy all the folders from your old global to new global except 130JOBLG. Make sure you have sufficient freespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every batchjob within the ABAP Server will create a logfile in the ...\SYS\Globlal\<client-number>JOBLG directory.

The name of the file is also stored in the database. If you just delete the file and recreate the directory 130JOBLG all existing job log information is inconsistent and nobody is longer able to retrieve the result of Batchjobs running in the past.

I would suggest to

1. check the file-permissions on the 130JOBLG directory

2. check whether the volume where the JOBLG is stored on is still creating 8.3 short filenames - is is possibly a problem.

8.3 is no longer needed - switch it off.

regards

Peter

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please review the following note regarding the file system full.

16513 File system is full - what do I do?

You can manually delete all the files from the global directory.

But ensure that the R/3 system is stopped and then you can delete them

from the Os level.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

If he delete the complete global directory then he will loose all client job logs, the system logs.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be that the folder 130JOBLG contains lot of job logs data.

Is Standard Background Jobs SAP_REORG_JOBS with RSBTCDEL2 program && SAP_REORG_ORPHANED_JOBLOGS are scheduled in the affected system ? If they are already scheduled then check if they are working fine or not ? Look at their Job logs to get such information.

Also refer [SAP Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/16083] to get more information.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

As told by you checked the mentioned jobs. All the SAP standard jobs which are scheduled are getting cancelled.

Regards

gayathri

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other than 130JOBLG directories are accessible under ..\SYS\global directory ?

If directory 130JOBLOG is accessible as Windows Command prompt, then delete all old job log files (or all files) and try again.

If still its giving the same error message then please consult your System Administrator to diagnose the issue and if its required you can create new directory.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other directories in this \SYS\global directory are accessible.

As mentioned in your message, i tried for accessing directory 130JOBLOG with Windows Command prompt.

I got the same message as "The file is corrupted or unreadable".

I had consulted my Network and Security team for the same and they have tired to rename the directory with one of their tool but they are also getting same error.

Regards

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you obseved this issue? is it possible to restore from your backup?

Have you tried to execute chkdsk command ? make sure you take a backup of your filesystem.