Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust and reschedule block limits heuristic is executed without results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Greetings..

I am using block planning and I have blocks created for producing each grade material on a particular resource. In one of the resource I have a block with an overload and it adjacent blocks are empty and this block will come in a mid way of block cycle.

I am using the heuristic SAP_CDPBP_02, I have given the inputs Scheduling horizon, and the follow on heuristic SAP_CDPBP_01

( I also have checked by checking the check box check bucket capacity, it didnot worked)

Resource details:

I have defined the resource bucket definition as Bucket Planning and finite capacity as Bucket capacity and also i have defined the tolrenaces for that particular block in the block basis definition.

DS strategy used with the settings Block Planning : Take in to account, Finite capacity : Bucket capacity,Planning direction: Forward + reverse,Scheduling sequence: Finite scheduling with ascending order sequence.

Now when i select the block with all the orders inside the block and execute the heuristic it states heuristic executed without any results.

how to correct this error?

Thanks and Regards,

Roopesh

Edited by: Roopesh Menon on Nov 17, 2010 7:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roopesh,

Could you pl provide details on how were you able to implement Adjust and Reschedule Block Limits Heuristics?

I have tried all possible combinations and still not working.

We are on SCM 702 with Release pack 07.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

It works for settings having bucket definition Block planning and maintain the relevant overload in Block basis definition, followed by DS strategy settings before executing the heuristic.

But still does not work for Time continuous bucket definition even if we give the tolerances in the block basis definition and maintain the DS strategy settings before executing the heuristic,

Best Regards,

Roopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roopesh,

I have tried all different options with the DS Strategy and Heuristics Settings, but still the Adjust Heuristics neither reduces/compress the block limit in case of underload, nor does it extend the block limit in case of over load. The Heuristics keeps giving message " Heuristics executed without any result".

Following are the settings i have;

Resource Master: PPDS Bucket Definition tab - Bucket Definition = From Block Planning, Finite Capacity = Bucket Capacity

DS Strategy Settings: Sched Mode = Find Slot (also tried with "Search for Bucket with Free Capacity"), Finite Capacity = Bucket Capacity, Planning Direction = Forward + Reverse, Block Planning = Take into account, Scheduling to Block Limits = As specified in the operation

Adjust and Reschedule Block Limit Heuristics: Scheduling Horizon = 120 days, Follow-on Heuristics = Reschedule Blocks, Check Bucket Capacity = Un-Checked

Pl let me know what else am i missing.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Thanks,

Mangesh