Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to edit components in client system

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My basis guy has just finished deploying the PI that we have developed to a client system. We now wish to perform any further maintenance / development (for instance add a field in a message type) directly in the clients PI system.

When I go to the component it is only available in display mode and I am unable to switch to edit mode.

Why might this happen and how can I alter this to allow delopment ofr all compnents in this system?

Also another small question.

In OUR system I see the heading "Interface Mappings" whilst in the client system these mappings appear under a heading "Operation Mappings". WHY the difference as I believed the two PI systems were the same release etc? I was not around at the inception of this product so there a re a few puzzles for me

Cheers,

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I go to the component it is only available in display mode and I am unable to switch to edit mode.

>

> Why might this happen and how can I alter this to allow delopment ofr all compnents in this system?

>

Check your User id has the roles to perform this action, better to address this issue with basis team they will help you.

> Also another small question.

>

> In OUR system I see the heading "Interface Mappings" whilst in the client system these mappings appear under a heading "Operation Mappings". WHY the difference as I believed the two PI systems were the same release etc? I was not around at the inception of this product so there a re a few puzzles for me

>

>

till PI 7.O we call interfaces mapping , PI 7.1 onwards name got changed to Operation mapping.

message interface-->service interface.

Regards,

Raj

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys

I have been doing some reading though and what I see has me puzzled so I am going to check with you for clarification. I hope you don't mind.

In my own system I have made a change to a message type, say I have added a single field NAME2

in the client system I have the old message type without NAME2.

To get the new message type into the client PI system I have to export the message type design object and import that at the client PI ystem. Is that correct?

My confusion comes as the previous PI person left a deployement guide which does not mention this at all, but talks about CIM archive exports and imports which I believe handle SLD components not integration repository objects.

Ross

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> In my own system I have made a change to a message type, say I have added a single field NAME2

>

> in the client system I have the old message type without NAME2.

>

> To get the new message type into the client PI system I have to export the message type design object and import that at the client PI ystem. Is that correct?

>

Yes correct.

Regards,

Raj

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

In my own system I have made a change to a message type, say I have added a single field NAME2

in the client system I have the old message type without NAME2.

To get the new message type into the client PI system I have to export the message type design object and import that at the client PI ystem. Is that correct?

>>>>>>>> -- yes thats correct you need to export the design objects and import into target SYSTEM

My confusion comes as the previous PI person left a deployement guide which does not mention this at all, but talks about CIM archive exports and imports which I believe handle SLD components not integration repository objects.

>>>> -- that is used to export the SWCV FROM one SLD TO another SLD ( TARGET )

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Ninad,

You said ealrier to double click on the software component version, where exactly would I be to double click on that? I double clicked on the software component version that was displayed in the message mapping header section but nothing happened when I did that.

Regards,

Ross

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Expand your SWCV name ( ABC OF XYZ.COM) then under that one node will appear , double click on that and then you will see the details on the right pane of your design window

there in you will find the tab

Regards

Ninad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Double click on software component version and check mark on tab " objects are modifiable "

this way you will be able to edit the objects

Interface mappings are in PI 7.0 and operation mappings are in PI 7.1

Regards

Ninad

Edited by: Ninad Sane on Nov 17, 2010 7:22 AM