cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan driven procurement - P.O created with existing number in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are into SRM 7.0 with ECC 6.0 as backend. Scenario is classic

We are testing PDP process, the business scenario starts with "Reservation" in R3---PR

is then generated via MRP in MM ->Transferred to SRM---> SC created through PDP

channel in SRM (ex req.request EXTR) ---> Request goes through bidding process (RFx

and RFx response) ---> Awarded RFx response creates PO in SRM .

I understand that this is OK coz, SRM creates Local P.Os even in classic scenario.

PROBLEM Description

My problem is that the P.O number of this Local P.O(created in the above steps) takes a

number that already exists in the backend and therefore this new P.O gets created in

SRM, but fails to go to backend. How can I have a different number/number range for

PDP P.Os which does not clash with regular Backend P.Os

Classic scenario:

================

a) at SRM side:

- Assigned the transaction type u201CECu201D (= the R/3 PO document type) to the attribute

DP_PROC_TY

- Attribute BSA = EC

- Define No ranges for SC and follow on documents u2013 u201CPOu201D is defined as Internal number

range (3000000000 to 3009999999)

- Define No range per Backend system (No range for P.Os = PO)

- Define No range for local PO (Number Range PO = 3000000000 to 3009999999 as

internal number range)

- Assigned the local/backend PO number range(Number range PO) as a internal number

range to the transaction type u201CECu201D u2013 against BUS2201

b) at R/3 side:

- Enter the Number Range PO(corresponding to the SRM number range PO) and

flag it as an external number range (trx. OMH6 Number Range for

Purchasing Documents). Values 3000000000 to 3009999999 (External)

- Maintain the document type u201CECu201D corresponding to the SRM transaction type u201CECu201D

and assign the R/3 number range for POs as "NoRge Ext" (field

V_T161-NUMKE) (trx. Document type within Purchase Order Customizing). Number

Range here is also u201CPOu201D to match SRM

My questions are:

1) Is it necessary to have u201CPOu201D as number range under u201CDefine number range for

Local P.Osu201D since this is a classic scenario

2) Is the current number being picked up from here(number range for local P.Os) for

creating PDP purchase orders(which are basically local P.Os). Can I have a

different number range here from what I have maintained in u201CDefine No range per

Backend systemu201D

3) What is the way to use u201CECDPu201D as an additional document type? Can it have a

different number range other than u201CPOu201D that I have set now?

4) Where did I go wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i believe it treated as DIRECT material and creating a PO in SRM system.

Will business allows it?

what you can do one thing. Assign DUMMY account assignment and GL account while transfering to shopping cart by BADI

You must fool the system by assigning Dummy GL account and Cost center and it appears in SRM but It will be removed before creating PO in ECC

and strip the account assignment and GL account and create a PO in the BACK end via BADI po create backend .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Thanks for responding.

Good idea. We are however not looking for preventing these Local P.Os in SRM.

Is there a way to have a different number range for these local P.Os(resulting from direct procurement/ direct PDPs) from those which are pure classic P.Os(backend P.Os)??

Thanks

Saji

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

now i understood. I believe our .Bharadwaj already answered your question.

since SRM is a master system for allocating. number ranging in all POs.

Classic PO :- 540000000 -- 5499999999

Local PO :- 5500000000- 5599999999

former_member193821
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just adding a point to Muthu's idea , you can use BAdi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW to remove account assignments while creating Po from SRM.

Thanks and Regards,

P.Bharadwaj

former_member193821
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check below things :

1. Number range you defined for PO in "Define Num range per Backend System for Follow-on doc".

e.g :

backend PO - 10000 29999

local PO - 30000 49999

2.Make sure above number range is maintained in "Define Num range per Shopping Cart and Follow-on doc" and it should be Internal num range.

SRM IMG ->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Number Ranges->SRM Server Number Ranges->Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-on Documents

number range of POs .

Po number range for local and backend PO should be diff since if it is ordered as a direct , local PO will be created in SRM rather than in R/3 system. this PO document type also must be mapped in r/3.

Thanks and Regards,

P.Bharadwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharadwaj,

Thanks for that promt response

Your point#1

1. Number range you defined for PO in "Define Num range per Backend System for Follow-on doc".

e.g :

backend PO - 10000 29999

local PO - 30000 49999

-

> I can only have one PO range per backend system and I have only one backend system and I have already maintained the backend PO number range here... How can I maintain the local P.O number range in "Define Num range per Backend system"?

Your pont#2

2.Make sure above number range is maintained in "Define Num range per Shopping Cart and Follow-on doc" and it should be Internal num range.

SRM IMG ->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Number Ranges->SRM Server Number Ranges->Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-on Documents

number range of POs .

Po number range for local and backend PO should be diff since if it is ordered as a direct , local PO will be created in SRM rather than in R/3 system. this PO document type also must be mapped in r/3.

-

> Can you please provide the proper path ? Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-on Documents

---number range of POs .

I do understand that I need to have two number ranges.. How do I achieve this? Can you please explain this?

Saji George

Edited by: Saji George on Nov 17, 2010 8:21 AM

Edited by: Saji George on Nov 17, 2010 8:22 AM

former_member193821
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mentioned e.g of num ranges in point 1 .If you check path mentioned in above message you can define backend PO num range

I think you hav already done that.

The above range which you have mentioned should be same as external PO num range in ECC

IMG->Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Order->Define Document Types-> PO doc type in ECC.

For local plz check Cross-Application Basic Settings -> NumberRanges ->SRM Server Number Ranges->

you can find below areas :

Define Number Ranges for Shopping Carts and Follow-On Documents

Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-On Documents

Define Number Ranges for Local Purchase Orders

Thanks and Regards,

P.Bharadwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to have a distinct number range for the SRM PO and for the POs created in Backend in Classic scenario.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virender,

Yes that is exactly what I want. We are in pure classic scenario but do have SRM P.Os that get created in SRM with Plan driven procurement (or just direct procurement).

Can you give me some inputs on how to have two different number ranges for SRM P.Os(direct procurement) and regular P.Os that go to backend from SRM(pure classic P.Os).

?

Thanks

Saji George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saji,

Try creating 2 doc types....EC for Classic POs and ECPO for local POs (for plan driven procurement POs and maintain the same in ECC system too).

Then assign num range accordingly as mentioned earlier by Bharadwaj.

So, when local PO is created, system should take ECPO instead of EC.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu/Bharadwaj/Jagadish,

Part of my problem is now solved. Thanks to Muthu and Bharadwaj . Now I have one document type, ie.. 'EC' with just one number range 'PO' for both local and backend P.Os (local P.Os for Direct procurement - classic scenario)

For the number range 'PO' I have segregated/split the "From" and "To" numbers for local and backend P.Os in SRM while retaining the complete number range in ECC system to prevent an overlap.

However , I am not able to use document type "ECDP" for Local P.Os with a number range other than 'PO' number range(say for eg DP number range).

Thanks

Saji George

former_member193821
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to hear your problem is partly solved..lets try to solve it totally.........:)

Plz check transaction types :

Supplier Relationship Management - SRM Server -Cross-Application Basic Settings - Define Transaction Types.

For ECDP -direct material you have to enter the number range.

Thanks and Regards,

P.Bharadwaj