cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page protection in smartform is disabled and how to overcome this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i have a smartform in which there is a table node to display the item data as shown below :

Customer No : 12345678

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ( Barcode )

Material No :201836

Material Description : Phase Shifter

Customer Part No : TDD-09QA76

My Problem is for some customers when the data is much the text is printed in first page and it's corresponding Barcode is getting printed in the Second page which should not happen. I want the text and the barcode should be page protected But when i am trying this the Page protection option is in disable mode. So please anybody help me how to enable page protection it is disabled even if i create a folder.

NOTE : the table does'nt have main area they have kept every thing in the header itself.

Edited by: Murthy.G on Nov 17, 2010 5:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

yes, you have to create a new table with the new table type in your smartform.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aiden,

can u please elobarate it. i.e. i have created a new table and if i try to drag the program lines,texts,etc into the new table it is saying that unable to move. so what is the solution do i need to create again and code maually instead of dragging the table items.

please help me

thank you,

murthy

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Yes, I'm afraid you need to create the new table with new elements.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aiden,

No, i need to replace the new table with the old one but with the same elements so that page protection will be active.

is there any other solution for this.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create one folder and have your all line type or fields in it and check the page protection check box.

Nabheet

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For basis releases 6.20 and higher, you can define a page protection inside of a table, which contains more than one table line. This function is available, if you have a table of the new table type. i.e. If the table was not originally created in a 46C system. If you right-click on the table node, you can 'Create' a 'Folder'. In the folder you can set the 'Page Protection' flag. After that

you can right-click on the folder and select Create -> Table line. Then you can put table lines into the folder, which are protected.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aiden Black

first of all i would like to thank you for ur kind response.

the page protection option is disabled even if i create a folder because it is originally developed in 4.6C so please help me how to overcome this problem. or are there any adjustments to move the text of the last line to next page statically.

thank you

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In folder node you have check the page protetion checkbox

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aiden

the table node was created in 4.6C and upgraded to ECC6.0 now if i create a new table node and drag all the text elements and other sub nodes into it does it work or is there any other solution please let me know.

thanks

Murthy