Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Security question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have our security set up by infoarea. Therefore a particular role gives access to an infoarea.

However, we have some inforeas within infoareas. Looking at the authorisatio values of one of the roles, it list s both the "parent" infoarea, as well as one of the "child" infoareas.

The question is, does the fact that the parent infoarea is listed mean that all the child infoareas are then accessible, even though they aren't listed individually?

Hope that was clear..

Thanks,

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael! Just going back to some old posts and marking them as answered.

4 REPLIES 4

mstrein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

In S_RS_COMP you need only include the InfoArea that actually contains the data targets. It has (at least in 3.0B) no effect if you include an InfoArea that only contains another InfoArea.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael! Just going back to some old posts and marking them as answered.

0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

is this question answered now? It's still marked as open. Let me know if you have further questions. I'll try to help to get the full points.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. I thought i did give the points.. but I guess I had forgotten this one.