cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC-BPM-FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are doing RFC to FILE synchronus scenario, Can anybody suggest me BPM steps related to this?

RFC sender will be initiating the scenario, and there is no receiver, PI should go to file directory and take the file then send it back to RFC as response.

Sender: RFC

Receiver: File

I checked the weblogs could n't find any. Please dont suggest weblogs which are file to rfc.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>RFC sender will be initiating the scenario, and there is no receiver, PI should go to file directory and take the file then send it back to RFC as response.

What I am understand from your question : your RFS request will drop some dummy records in Target File directory(ex : A. txt) and from there you need to pick up the other file(B.txt) and pushed through RFS response into ECC. Am I right?

If you dropping the dummy records as file(A.txt), it is not using any more for business purpose , then you dont required BPM, simply send B.txt file to RFC. It is easy to trigger the file and it is like File -to-RFC.

In this case you dont required RFC also , because RFC works sync manner, so take IDOC or proxie on other end. Like File-to- IDOC or File-to-Proxy.

Still you want to make this sync as meaningful purpose for RFC to FIle, then I feel you required some BPM steps as of my knowledge , you need BPM experts ideas on this.

_shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SHankar

What I am understand from your question : your RFS request will drop some dummy records in Target File directory(ex : A. txt) and from there you need to pick up the other file(B.txt) and pushed through RFS response into ECC. Am I right?

You are right..

Still you want to make this sync as meaningful purpose for RFC to FIle, then I feel you required some BPM steps as of my knowledge , you need BPM experts ideas on this.

For some reasons I would like to implement BPM.If you can help me regarding BPM steps that would be great..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help me on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get a heads up on BPM look into this...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19888. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1926. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I think u can try without a BPm create two scenarios..

1st

RFC Request ur source and File receiver ...

2nd

Then File sender (file b ) and RFC response as ur receiver....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is no receiver in your case then when you are triggering a request from ECC in the form of RFC , PI is able to create afile out of it and will be able to place it in PI application server .Please clarify your response part what do you need to achieve from here onwards

Regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u explain more wat is ur response file or is it the same File u need to send it back as response to the RFC