cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule generation of weekly EWA reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have configured the generation of EWA reports in our BW system itself, Solution Manager hasn't been installed in our landscape yet.

Every time we need to check the EWA we have to schedule the task to create the report by going to SDCCN -> To do tab -> EarlyWatch Alert -> Goto -> Start now.

Once the task has been completed, we download the report from SAP Service Marketplace.

Can you please let us know if is it possible to schedule a specific job to create the reports weekly? If there's a job to perform this task, please let us know how to schedule it.

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

The SAP Note 207223 describes the process of configuring SDCCN to send EWA data automatically.

How are you scheduling te task? Is it the Refresh Services task or the EWA task that you are having to manually start?

Any more information? Any issues in the SDCCN task logs?

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information, I'll review the SAP note 207223 - SAP EarlyWatch Alert processed at SAP, in order to perform the needed configuration.

With regards to your question I'm scheduling the task manually by going to SDCCN -> Select "EarlyWatch Alert" -> Go to Edit -> "Start now".

I just would like to avoid this manual task and configure a background job that runs weekly for example and executes this task automatically and send the EWA report to the SAP Marketplace so I'm able to download it directly.

Thanks and best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have reviewed the SAP note 207223, according to the documentation we need to schedule the job following the next steps that refered to the "Activation of the ASM".

a) Activation of the ASM
*The ASM is activated via the path 'Autom. Sess. Manager -> Controls'.*
*In the displayed window you schedule a background job which takes over*
*the data collecting and sending jobs for upcoming sessions.* During
scheduling, please make sure that the activation flag is set.

I have to mention that these steps should be configured in transaction SDCC, but in the version that we have the SDCC is obsolete and we should work on SDCCN transaction.

I haven't found the steps that are mentioned in the documentation because SDCCN transaction has different menus, we are in "SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0", do you know how to perform the needed configuration in this version?

Thanks,

Regards

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rodolfo,

The note is for both SDCC and SDCCN

You are looking at section

I. Activating the Earlywatch Alert at SAP in SDCC

Please review section

II. Activating the Earlywatch Alert at SAP in SDCCN

This is the relevent section

Sections iii and iv are iregardless of SDCC or SDCCN

So if you are on SDCCN, skip over section I and start at Section II.

I know, sometimes we need a note for the notes

Hope this helps though!

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I've get it!! I'll proceed according to your recommendations.

Thank you very much for your help

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I just want to confirm that the EWA reports have been scheduled successfully according to the request,

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Can you please let us know if is it possible to schedule a specific job to create the reports weekly? If there's a job to perform this task, please let us know how to schedule it.

Automatic processing of tasks is done by job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR, which should be scheduled hourly.

- run SDDCN

- choose Goto -> Settings -> Task Processor

Regards, Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rudieger, I will try to run it this way,

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger ,

The report /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR has been scheduled tu run every hour, and it has been running for more than a week succesfully without failing a single execution, but when checking in the Marketpace from SAP, we realized that the EWA has not been created or uploaded yet to it.

Automatic processing of tasks is done by job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR, which 
should be scheduled hourly.

- run SDDCN 
- choose Goto -> Settings -> Task Processor

Do you know if there's something else that we need to configure in order to allow the creatiion of the EWA?

Thanks and regards,

Don Silver