Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU34/USOBT_C Table updates and RAR

JaneLa
Participant
0 Kudos

Do I have to manually download the USOBT_C Table into RAR everytime I make SU24 updates or is there an automated way to do this? If manual, do I use the use the following path for the upload: Configuration => Upload Objects => Permissions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct...

sorry no other option

regards,

Surpreet

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct...

sorry no other option

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response. How do you handle this in your project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Novella.

You just have to review it periodically to ensure that the correct data is uptodate. Also, I personally dont see any use of updating the SU24 data if you dont have to update the rule martrix.

If you have more tcodes, objects to add to the rule matrix than it makes sense to update the SU24 data.

Thanks!

Chinmaya

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First of all, you only need up-to-date SU24 data when working on functions, so the update frequency depends on your rule building process.

If you really have frequent changes (hey, at most of my customers I'd be happy if they'd use SU24 AT ALL!) you can automate the updates:

- schedule the two /virsa/zcc_download_desc and *sapobj jobs to run daily and write data to an app server directory

- schedule the text file import to pick up those exports at the same frequency.

Done

Frank.