cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again about External Window in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some troubles with running new processes in E-Recruiting.

It is necessary to run my process when I'm pushing the button in the requisition form. I'm creating external window with method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW and after that my process is running. This chain is workable. But when I'm closing this window with my process there is no new small window which displays that the session is completed.

Call method:

call method lo_window_manager->create_external_window

exporting

url = lv_url

modal = abap_false

has_menubar = abap_true

is_resizable = abap_true

has_scrollbars = abap_true

has_statusbar = abap_true

has_toolbar = abap_true

has_location = abap_true

receiving

window = lo_window.

I don't find any usefull parametrs in this method.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question is closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

However I used an external window and it wasn't any problems with users.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>But when I'm closing this window with my process there is no new small window which displays that the session is completed.

What? I don't understand what you are looking for here? What small window are you talking about? Are you running in the NetWeaver Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thomas.

Yes I'm running all processes from NetWeaver Portal.

I outlined the small window with red line.

[Screen of the Portal|http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4838/portaltrouble.jpg]

Maybe you could understand what I mean.

Are there any other methods to create external window with more parametrs?

Edited by: art1m0n on Nov 17, 2010 8:01 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That little window is coming from the Portal, not Web Dynpro. It isn't necessary for Web Dynpro, because web dynpro already contains its own internal session management without the need for a popup window.

You aren't getting Portal session management becuase when you use the create external window API as you are, the new WDA application isn't running within the Portal any longer. If you want to open the new application within the Portal framework then you should use the Portal Navigation APIs instead of the current create external window API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thomas. I'll try to solve my problem using the Portal Navigation API.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I'll try to solve my problem using the Portal Navigation API.

I want to reiterate that you don't necessarily have a problem at all. Web Dynpro ABAP is not dependent upon the dialog for the closing of the sesison of the release of the locks. You might question the reasons why you feel you need this dialog at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that users willn't understand why there are no this popup-window because in the all other processes it usually showed. Eventually it will by need to realize anyway.

Edited by: art1m0n on Nov 17, 2010 3:15 PM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I might be about to be rude,

But are you/your users crazy? They actually will complain if a session termination popup doesn't appear? You must have the most observant and tech aware end users in the world. Most of the users I deal with install pop-up blockers that stop the portal session termination popup - the ability to deal without it in WDA was a blessing. If your users are really that "aware" of session management then explain to them that WDA handles this within the same window.

I really cannot understand this improvement in functionality offered by WDA is a problem...