cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install CCMS agent in MSCS cluster system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I followed Oss note 536954, but I am not sure that it is for new cluster system.

Furthermore, the CCMS agent that I installed, is it right to point to a CEN system (as Solution manager for example) and as second system to the central instance ?

Thanks.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configure as a part of your ASCS cluster group (cluster admin), mean your CCMS will follow your CI when cluster fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the ASCS cluster group I installed sapccm4x.

And in the Oracle group I configured sapccmsr.

But I am not able to assign central autoreaction method to the object monitored by sapccm4x.

What could I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple, go to RZ20, expand the correct MTE class and select your node. Go to view --> method allocation --> properties --> methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use RZ20 from Solution Manager (CEN system ) and I see the MTE of the remote cluster (EP Portal).

But it doesn't permit to set the central autoreaction method.

In the other, not clustered system, I haven't no problem to set this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tired as below:

RZ20 --> select your node --> view --> method allocation. Select your MTE class --> properties --> method --> click on method assignment --> click on auto-reaction --> change mode --> under method allocation --> select your method --> save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

This is the standard method to assign an autoreaction but not in the case when you set an autoreaction method from CEN system Solution manager.

For this system, you have to do the setting from RZ21->Technical Infrastructure->Configure Central System->Assign Central autoreaction.

After you select the system (EPP) the MTE Class ( CCMS_ORA_backup_stat_mocl) and Central autoreaction (ZCCMS_Send_alert_central) you have to choose "Assign Central Auto-reaction" .

This permits to assign an auto reaction method that it isn't defined in the remote system EPP : ZCCMS_Send_alert_central but defined in the CEN system Solution manager.

But the problem is that this assignment doesn't work.

No assignment happens.

And note that you aren't able to assign it directly from RZ20 of the monitored system EPP, because you can't find the ZCCMS_Send_alert_central.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting discussion,. Can I know if you have a already got a solution for this?

Can you please share this with us?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I used the virtual database name as remote database of Solution Manager.

So I monitored it using the autoreaction method of solution manager.

Instead, the application server is monitored as usual SAP Application server assigning from RZ21 the autoreaction- method.

Mario

Answers (0)