cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are starting to get a lot of interest about creating special reports from the GRC data. For example, have had several inquiries for information about CUP request activity that is not covered by any of the existing CUP report features, so you have to go query the SQL tables.

Would like to know if other companies are experiencing this and what kind of solutions are you using?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the major oil and gas company of Spain we developed custom reports to fit customer requirements for RAR.

Our apporach was to access standard RAR tables from the ABAP stack. All the reports we built where develop by using ABAP IV.

To keep the look and feel you might also use webdynpro for ABAP.

Hope it helps. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I would recommend you to look at AC 5.3 datamart and integration with BI/BW. These two features can solve most of the reporting issues.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've looked at the information on the Data Mart and it looks all it does is pull data from the original RAR and CUP SQL tables and populate new SQL tables. Maybe I'm missing something, but what exactly does this get you? Why not just connect Crystal Reports/Access/etc. up to the original tables instead of the Data Mart ones?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're somewhat correct. All tables are not included in the Data Mart because a lot of customers do not want to report on technical or configuration based tables, but rather the transactional and master data in GRC (e.g. requests, SODs, FF IDs, role developments, etc.). So while you're connecting to a lot of the same tables, you're able to pull different attributes and create custom queries to your liking.

If you would like to use the technical data, then I would suggest hooking Crystal directly to the SQL database to use all tables. My one caution on this is that it may not be supported in the new GRC version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

AC 5.3 has the data mart feature which will allow you pull some of this data out into MS Access, Crystal/Excelcius, etc. The other option is to connect your AC system with a BI environment. There are default reports that come with this integration, however they are pretty similar to the standard reports, so I would suggest having a BI developer help create new queries for you.

Hope this helps!