cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type's maintained in the material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know the transaction code using which I can check the inspection type's maintained in the material master.

I do not want to go per material put in mass. I know that I can pull the data from tables but i do not want that.

I want the standard SAP transaction code.

Regards,

Narendra Bora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the support.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure this is a way. I don't see how you get the list from QA08 as suggested. The list generated via the individual processing tab doesn't show the inspection in the generated list.

Under the other three tabs you have to specify the inspection types one by one and generate s separate list for each inspection type.

I've always used SE16 to check the QMAT table when I needed to see this. As already suggested you can use SQVI to create a query against the QMAT table that can than be provided to users to use if you need to do that.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks 2 all.

Don't we have a standard transaction code to check the inspection types for the material?

Regards,

Narendra Bora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there is a std t code as said QA08 which can be used but you need to explore a bit

QA08-->enter plant ->select deactivate inspection type>here enter the inspection type which you want to see ( attached to "which" materials)->execute--

>The list you get is "The materials for which that Inspection type is active "

otherwise option of accessing from table is there...................but you can not assign Table access to end users ...right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Many thanks for the reply.

QA08 is not that user friendly transaction in the sense this has to checked per inspection type. I have 7 inspection types so i have to check 7 times.

Dont we have any transaction where in we put plant and material type it will give all the lists.

My client is against the development.

Regards,

Narendra

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you could make the argument that using SQVI to create a query and making this report available to select users is not really development. It is a standard SAP transaction and users can be limited to only running certain queries. Groups of queries can be created and users assigned to groups. By adding variants that users can't modify and locking certain fields in the variant you can limit the queries to a maximum number of records. Usually the argument is that a user will create a massive query or set values that return too many values. Both of these concerns can be addressed.

I don't think a lot of people understand the full capabilities of SQVI. You don't have to give users unlimited access to the transaction!

If there was a "standard" report or transaction for what you want, I think between Sujit, and myself, we would be aware of it. It is a common requirement during go lives to have to review inspection type setups. I would hope by now we would have run across it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you enter the material in QA08 ,it will give list of all inspection type active for that material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you write a query thru SQ01 with variant.

Mahee