cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of an Interactive form prototype (bachelor-thesis)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

At first I have to say that I'm a total beginner of SAP NetWeaver technology and Interactive Forms

The excercise of my bachelor thesis is to analyze the benefits of interactive forms for the company and to implement an interactive form prototype to improve an actual paper-based process.

Is it possible to use the SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial Version to develop a custom interactive form on a local pc without buying any licence?

I know that I have to download the credential for interactive forms

There is a requirement, that the form, which has to be implemented, should transfer data to an existing sap system (solution manager).

In this case, is it necessary to buy any licence, if the form won't be productive at the end of my thesis process time?

PS: Actual there is no know-how in the company.

Thanks in advance for consideration;-)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is quite a bit of work for a thesis. We did nothing like this when I was in school. And they say our education system is not advancing.

Anyway, it is not possible with the ABAP Trail version of Netweaver as it does not include the ADS (Adobe Document Services) which is the service that handles rendering the PDF (either print or interactive). If I'm not mistaken, you will need the full version of NetWeaver. Now that being said, if you can get your hands on a copy of the full version, you can implement it for 30 days before a license is required. But you still have to get a developer's key (within the 30 days) which can be hard to come by. And you will also need the Adobe Credential license as well if the form is to be interactive.

Your best best is to find someone with an existing SAP system that will grant you an developer access key and allow you access temporarily.

Hope that helps and best of luck with the rest of your schooling.

Derrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I found this: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d058ab2c-e206-2a10-47b7-c05df8a3a...

I think with this NetWeaver trial I can use the ADS. When I install also the ABAP trial version, It could be possible to use the form builder which uses the ADS from the Java-Server!? What do you think?

Best Regards