Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassign real Cost of a component

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm moving a component from a project to another using Tcode MICO and movement type Q415. The problem is that the cost of the material keeps assigned to the original project, I though it will disappear form the first one and will appear as a real cost in the new one.

I'm doing something wrong? I should do another step? Some customizing should be done?

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the project stock indicators (in project definition) in the receiving project, i guess it was maintained as no project stock.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I always use Valuated Stock

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again go to MIGO, open your material document which is created for that goods movement and then check the CO documents, this will tell you what happend to the cost during goods movement.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't know how to check it from MIGO so I went to tcode KSB5 and it seems that no CO document has been created.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In MIGO select display material document option from drop down and enter your material document number, if you dont remember use the search function, once you entered it, you will see a tab called "doc. info" go to that tab and press FI document button, you will get list of documents generated for that transaction.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that the CO document is not being created.

Which could be the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

display your material document, go to "Doc Info" tab, click on FI documents, check for the type of financial entries on both the WBSE.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

In the first item, posting key 89, the WBSE field is populated.

But in the second item, postin key 99, the WBSE field is empty...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. check in the "General Ledger view" in the same page.

2. As you said, 99 posting key doesnot have WBSE. Now check the stock whether it is decreased for the sender WBSE or not. If the quantity shows as decreased & you use valuated stock for the sender WBSE, then the cost should decrease.

3. Cross check one more time & report the same to MM - FI consultants. (also report about Controlling document not being created). They should be able to solve this.

regards

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

posting key 89 for the stock debit and posting key 99 for stock credit..

if you did not maintain statistical cost element for the inventory GL you can not see any CO document.

please check with your CO consult and revert

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have defined the material stock accounts as statistical cost element (type 90) but the problem is that when I move a component from a project to another one, the document CO that is generated only shows the stock accounts (as statistical), but does not appear any P&L account, that is what we expect.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

stock account being a balance sheet account, the cost element will be of statistical category.

Also when you do a stock transfer from WBSE to WBSE, the material quantity along with the statistical actual cost should get transferred.

there should be no intervention of P&L accounts in this situation.

regards

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inventory is a Balance Sheet Item. Project Valuated Stock also comes under inventory.

All the balance sheet items will not have any Corresponding Cost Element, thats why we are creating statistical cost element for these accounts.

>

but does not appear any P&L account, that is what we expect.

Please do not expect against accounting principle..!

Hope it clears your doubt.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, thanks.

We will make 2 movements, one from MM to transfer the stock and one from CO to transfer the cost (from a WBS to an other), with tcode KB11N.

Thanks all.

Answers (0)