Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to Initiatives to each other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please help.

Can somebody tell me whether it is possible to link to Initiatives to each other?

The client has a requirement of the following :

If 2 Initiatives that are created are the same, they create a Central Initiative and need to link the Central Initiative back to the Original initiatives.

So if my Initiative of type 'Single' is 'Remove Printers'

2nd Initiative of type 'Single' is also created and called 'Remove Printers'

The client will Create a Central Initiative called 'Remove Printers' with Initiative type 'Central'

How would i be able to link the 'Central' Initiative back to the original 'Single' Initiatives that were created.

Please advise, on how it can be done or if there is an easier way to meet the clients requirements.

Kind Regards,

Ihsaan Mayet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ihsaan Mayet,

I am not sure if you considered using items for the first two 'initiatives'. Then you can assign them to the 'Central Initiative' that should be an initiative in system.

Thanks,

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan

Sorry for the late response.

The problem is that the client needs to have an initiative and not an item, as the client uses questionnaires and a ranking scoreboard to prioritize the Initiatives created.

I have proposed using items and then creating a 'Central' Initiative but this is not suitable for separation of Operational and Capital Expenditure.

What i did find is that i can link the Items to each other by using 'item Dependencies'

however this is not ideal since it links items as Predecessors or Successors and not Initiatives.

Therefore the one will need to look at the item relationship first before determining the original Initiative.

When the Initiative is created, the user will create 'Single Initiative' type and if it is similar or same as another Initiative, the Decision Point Owner will create an 'Central Initiative' type and i need to link the 2, so that once the Initiative is done and ready to be monitored, they can hand the original Initiatives back to the business for monitoring.

If the Initiative is unique and not duplicated i have no problem and the 'Single Initiative' type will be carried through as normal.

Is there anyway that i can accomplish this requirement?

Kind Regards,

Ihsaan Mayet

Answers (0)