cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogIn into Sap GUI from WebDynpro with SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to implement a webdynpro which lists me all the systems where the user has access authorisation as a link.

If the user klick on the link, the SAPLogon comes up and he will automatically logged into the system with Single Sign ON.

First of all, I try to implement a WebDynpro with only one link and pass the account data within the code.

But I have no idea how to start, maybe someone can give me a short tutorial what i have to do.

Thx.

Regards

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>First of all, I try to implement a WebDynpro with only one link and pass the account data within the code.

It sounds like you should be running your application in the NetWeaver Portal or NWBC and using the portal navigation APIs to open the new sessions. Then you will have SSO provided by the Portal or NWBC and you can also bridge easily over to the SAPGUI. This is exactly the kind of scenario the Portal/NWBC was designed to support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I know I can do this with a transaction Iview (right?) but I don't know how the abap code of my webdynpro must look like to open the sap gui.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You would use the Portal Navigation APIs. Here is the link to the online help for these APIs. It also contains code samples:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b0/f86f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bridge easily over to the SAPGUI.

When running from portal - how? I've seen that you can launch SAP GUI sessions by launching a SAP GUI short cut and passing in an SAP Login Ticket as a parameter to this (or at least I've been told this is possible). But this certainly doesn't seem easy to me.

Is there an easy way to start an SAP GUI session from the portal and pass the existing SSO ticket to that session to bypass the login screen - that I'm not aware of?

In NWBC I would assume (I may be wrong - often am) this is simple - because it is the GUI, but within the portal - to launch a real (not WebGUI) session?

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>When running from portal - how?

First of all when we say SAPGUI, it looks like that means too different things to us. You are assuming by SAPGUI that it is meant SAPGUI for Windows. To me SAPGUI is just the general name and doesn't specifiy SAPGUI for Windows or SAPGUI for HTML. You can navigate easily to SAPGUI (not rendering technology specified) with Portal or NWBC.

Yes SAPGUI for Windows is very easy with NWBC because the SAPGUI for Windows runs natively in the NWBC canvas without technical limitations. This is one of the big advantages of the SAPGUI for Windows.

The portal can also run the SAPGUI for Windows in place. In the transaction iView there is a parameter at iView creation time for which GUI rendering type you wish to use - SAPGUI for HTML, SAPGUI for Windows or SAPGUI for Java. All accept the SSO Ticket from the Portal. You don't have to pass the logon ticket as iView parameter. Although there are some technical restrictions on the SAPGUI for Windows when running within the iView (like no spawing additional sessions), I don't believe that this setup is all that difficult to acomplish.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the additional info Thomas!

First of all when we say SAPGUI, it looks like that means too different things to us

Yes you're right - I should be more explicit - I mean windows SAP GUI - the fully featured one that looks OK and runs reasonably quickly...

I don't believe that this setup is all that difficult to accomplish.

and again you are right! My goodness - I really didn't know about this. Two options presented when choosing transaction iView using Win GUI - one is to use shortcut. Opens Win GUI as standalone - not in portal - no restrictions here!

Needed to ensure that group was maintained in both ECC system (check using transaction SMLG) and portal system ( find alias used under system admin->system configuration) and then it worked like a charm!

Can't believe I've not know about this for so many years! Just goes to show you live and learn!

Cheers,

Chris