cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS performance problem with javascript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have created an iview and we are now facing a problem with performance.

With the result of the transaction (done with SAP GUI FOR HTML) to move to one cell to other cell, it is quite frustating. It needs 1 secs for every possible movement. We dont know what is the reason, because there is no other connection to SAP backend, but during that second the PC is busy.

Could you give me any clue ?

I a think it could be possible because of the execution of javascript. Could I deactivate this javascript within the SAP Portal?

Thanks a lot guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a table control or an ALV Grid that you are tabbing between cells?

Try test outside the Portal for comparison and using a HTTP sniffer tool like HTTPWatch might give further clues if their is a differece bewteen direct access v's direct WEBGUI access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

It is an ALV Grid.

I have tested via SAPGUI for windows and via SAPGUI for HTML (webgui). The server time for both requests (checked with transaction stad ) are the same.

The problem is when we are using Internet explorer with this iview, the CPU needs some time just to move from one cell to other cell. When we are moving in the ALV, the CPU usage is 50% . Using the keys up , down, left, right also 50% of usage. When we are using Firefox, we dont have this problem.

I dont know what is running behind . You have to wait 0.3 secs to get the cursor in the proper cell. In SAPGUI works properly.

The ALV has also a matchcode, that it is activated for every cell in the table. ¿Could be this the reason? ¿ Could I disable this matchcode with some ITS parameter?

The table has 10 lines and 365 columns. It is the annual calendar.

When we run the iview with table 10 x 31 it works fine.

Thanks dude.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your BASIS and Kernel details of your Integrated ITS?

What are the publishing dates of the WEBGUI and SYSTEM services?

See the WIKI:

[How to check the publishing Date of an Internet Service|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/OYG8BQ]

Republish the core ITS Services, WEBGUI, SYSTEM if need be.

Since issue is only happening as an iView, I would not think that if the ALV having a matchcode would be an issue. Running HTTPWatch can you check if there is a Portal JS running in the backgound?

Edited by: Oisin ONidh on Nov 17, 2010 9:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin, good morning!

Release:701

Support Package: SAPKB70105

Imported on: 22 May 2010.

WEBGUI Service:

Last modify: 3/3/2005

INTERNAL My user 15.11.2010 13:13:53

Individual Template (BAS_A11Y):

Las modify: 9/2/2005

INTERNAL OtherUser 26.05.2008 12:00:17

Should we republish the core ITS Services, WEBGUI ? The dates of the html templates are older than the package.

We are running this iview inside the Netweaver portal. But we have this performance issue also if we test this iview separated tru company:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webserviceXXX?sap-client=100 and also tru http://company:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/! . So I think It is not a problem with Portal .

The ALV has some cells with Matchcode (365 columns) and other cells (2 columns) without Matchcode. The navigation within those without Matchcode is quite fine and the CPU usage is 5%, that's nothing in comparison with the 50% of the columns with Matchcode.

Thanks a lot Oisin, have a great day.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - you need to republish the WEBGUI service in full if HTML template BAS_A11Y has a publishing date of 26.05.2008

Have you checked using the same method service "SYSTEM" ??

Would recommend to republish both WEBGUI and SYSTEM, then delete the MIME and template cache via transaction /nSITSPMON and then delete the browser cache before retesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon Oisin,

I have tested the service "system" via SICF and appears the following error:

No destination URL is defined. Use the followind redirect URL in Transaction SICF: &nbsp;/sap(====)/public/bsp/sap/login/default.htm?sap-url=<%=PATHTRANS%>

The only difference I see in both service is: webgui service has the classes

CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_WEBGUI_SIZE

CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS

and system service hasnt it. How can I republish the system service ?

This morning we republished again the services via transaction "SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT".

I will delete the cache (mime and templates) and the browser cache also.

I keep you aware. Thanks a lot dude.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have run report

SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT

then WEBGUI and SYSTEM have been published.

Check the publishing dates of individual templates to confirm.

You cannot test service SYSTEM like WEBGUI via SICF. It is a required service to be able to use WEBGUI and IAC

Let us know after clearing the cache; if testing WEBGUI service you still have the performance issue.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Oisin,

we have deleted the cache in the server and in the browser with no sucess.

I have created a report to check the performance of ITS with ALV and I get the conclusion that ITS/WEBGUI was not implemented to work with ALV.

Please created a report ( trx se38) something like this: You read any table and after you show it with the ALV.

REPORT ZJUAN.

data it_pa0002 type pa0001 OCCURS 0.
data it_pp like pa0001.
select * from pa0001 into it_pp .
if ( sy-tabix LE 50 ) . " Here you can increase/decrease the number of lines
  append it_pp to it_pa0002.
endif.
endselect.

FIELD-SYMBOLS <tabla> type ANY TABLE .
data: gr_table type ref to cl_salv_table.

assign it_pa0002[] to <tabla>[].

cl_salv_table=>factory( importing r_salv_table = gr_table
changing t_table = <tabla>[] ).
gr_table->display( ).

Run the webgui service with internet explorer and go to transaction se38 and run the report ZJUAN, you will see the performance .

I am showing 2500 cells (5050). Move within the ALV to one cell to other (clicking the mouse or with the keyboard), and you see the CPU usage with "taskmgr" program. I have tested also with 8 lines365columns with the same bad result. If you just want to see the result and you use the mouse wheel or scroll bar it works fine.

In the code behing there are so many javascript code, handling the events. Some javascripts files are: gui_event.js , wgu_utils.js , gui_gridview.js , gui_form.js

What do you recommend ?

We are thinking to install SAPGUI for windows for those users who need this report or install firefox because has better performance with javascript.

If we set the ITS parameter ~ALVGRIDPAGESIZE to 5, it works fine because we reduce the number of the cells, but this is not the solution because there is still space in the window to show data.

Tell me your recommendation and also your performance with ALV - ITS.

Thanks a lot Oisin,

Have a great weekend

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your last description, you have looked at all the possible solutions.

The issue boils down to the size of your ALV Grid. You have huge amount of columns in both test scenarios mentioned.

See note

BC-FES-ITS 1356836 ALV grid view paging, default value & changeability adjusted

with regards to the parameter: ALVGRIDPAGESIZE

Is there any way that the size of the ALV Grid can be cropped by reducing the number of colums without impacting on the useability?

otherwise using SAPGUI via an iView may be the best option if reducing the size of the ALV Grid is not an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Oisin,

The custom doesnt want to reduce the number of the columns, they want this report for the whole year and not for every moth.

Yes, we are going to invoke SAPGUI tru an iview. All the users have the SAPGUI installed on the PC, so there wont be any change for them and they will not notice any change.

Do you know if we can connect SAP EP tru an iview to SAPGUI directly instead of using ITS?

This is the command line we wanna eject in the iview:

C:\Archivos de programa\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui>sapshcut.exe -system=PHR -client=100 -user=XXXX -pw=XXXX-command=XXXX

Thanks a lot Oisin, have a great day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I have just found which kind of SAP transaction is reachable from the iview. It could be sap gui for html, sap gui for windows, or sap gui for java.

With SAPGUI for windows the ALV works really fine.

If I created the iview with SAP gui for html, there will be created a property called "CONTENT- IAC".

If I created the iview with SAP gui for windows, the property will be called "CONTENT - TRANSACTION".

Can I modify this type of connection SAP GUI html / windows ? Or I have to create the new iview and delete the existing one ?

Thanks a lot Oisin, we are almost there

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need such a large number of columns then SAPGUI is the best solution

Yes you can change rather than delete and recreate the iView.

See the following SAP Help article: This is in relation to the UWL(Universal Worklist)

[ iView Configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/0a/ad68c125ae496f8c04a25090bd2e3c/frameset.htm]

See the section:

Changing Execution Mode from WebGUI to WinGUI

This states exactly the change that you are carrying out. i.e Under the "Property Category" changing too "Content u2013 Transaction"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oisin, you are so good!!

Just a question: If I change the WebGUI to WinGUI will change every iview done for ITS to WINGUI ?

Thanks a lot,

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

The previous link was in relation to UWL the Universal Worklist

If you only wish one particular iView to launch with the SAPGUI

then follow the steps in the following help.sap.com link:

[Creating Transaction iViews|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/88/266a3e54a2e946e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oisin,

Thank you very much man! You helped me a lot.

Today I've requested the transport of the iview and role to production portal.

I am now facing a problem with the option "Technique to Start SAP GUI for Windows"

Once the user click on the new tab, appears a pop up asking you "cancel" or "save as" with the unknown filename "tx.sapssd".

I found out that this popup doesnt appear if you have already the SAPLOGON opened. I use the option "SSD", in order to open wingui in the browser, in the same portal content area.

I will handle this small problem.

Thanks a lot dude Have a great week.

Answers (0)