cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/VIRSA/ZVFATBAK job ishowing the message: "No Data Records exist"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of AC SP11, SPM configuration, I have scheduled the batch job: /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK and the job is finishing successfully.

But the job is getting completed in 2seconds duration itself & the spool list is showing the message: "No Data Records exist in this Instance". Even the first time/Initial run of the job is also showing the same message.

Even though I haven't started using my FF IDs to test them, I assume the Intial run of the Job should take some time to retrieve all the past records from stat files, CDHDR, CDPOS tables. Thats why there are some notes like 1039144, 1049512, etc.. given to monitor the performance of this job.

Did I missed some thing in the configuration part? or this is what usually happens until we use FFIDs?

Following are the config settings I used for my SPM component:

Retrive Chnage Log: yes

Send Log report notification: yes

Send Log report notification immediately: yes

Send FFID Logon notification: yes

Send FFID Logon notification immediately: yes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FF is working perfectly.

I assume, /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK is scheduled to run hourly without any variant.

now let me explain how FF background job works.

It check table /VIRSA/ZVIRFFIDS and get list of all the FF ids

then he check STAT file, if any of these ids have data in STAT file.

since no one had used FFer in your case, which means, none of the FF ids are used...... so no data in STAT file

hence it will show 'No Data Records....... message.

Regards,

Surpeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supreet,

I also expected this functionality.

But my question is if the job looks only for changes done my FFIDs (even in initial run also) then how come the job gets performance issues when it is in steady state (i.e it pulls the data for every hour & there will be no such situation where it need to pull millions of records at a time as mentioned in notes: 1039144, 1049512).

Specially the note: 1049512 is telling that change records in production system will have million records which cause performance issue.

But as per our assumption, even prod system contains million change records, they are not related to FFIDs & also all the info related to FFIDs are not corresponding to with in an hour.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

I'm not sure if I'm following your question correctly, but it sounds like Supreet took care of the first part -- why the message appears and the background job runtime of 2 seconds when no FFID usage has occurred.

I believe the second piece of your question relates to possible system performance issues that you might run into, but haven't yet. These issues are related to customers with dozens of FFIDs that are used extensively. In certain cases these types of users produce so much data that the background job is not able to complete on its scheduled time which causes issues. This is why it is always suggested that these jobs run hourly in order to minimize errors.

Generally, these jobs only take a few minutes to run with minimal to moderate usage. If you run into a circumstance where the job can't finish within the given hour, then bump up the background job time to 90 minutes, or perhaps unschedule and run it immediately to clear out the changes if this is a one time issue.

Hope this helps, but if not, please reclarify your question.

Thanks,

Tyler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in my reply due to project release work.

I have finally completed all the SPM post installation activities including successful scheduling of SPM batch job: /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK & started FFID usage testing but as usually got stuck with new problems on this.

Problem Details:

The Firefighter logged into the system, executed some Tcodes and logged off the FF session. FF controller is getting the FFID logon notification Immediately.

But the FF log status under the toolbox section of the FF dashboard is showing the message: "BACKGROUND JOB WAS NOT SCHEDULED/LOG & FILE NOT YET GENERATED". Also the controller is not receiving the FF log report.

But when I checked the spool list of SPM Hourly background Job, it is containing all the activities performed by the firefighter.

Any sugessions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check

/VIRSA/ZVFATBAK running hourly without any variant

RSCOLL00 schedule to run hourly

no TIMEZONE issue - check all SAP notes - timezone of person scheudling job is also important

regards,

Surpreet

SAP note 1383696

If this does not resolve the issue, please check the system user's timezone which is configured to run the SPM background job. This can be checked under SU01-> defaults. This should be same as the system time zone. If it is different from system time zone, there is the mismatch in retrieving the STAD data which is on system time zone and the wrong data is populated in SPM Log report.

Edited by: Surpreet Singh Bal on Nov 23, 2010 11:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supreet,

Thank you for your suggestion. This note solved my issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Ensure the timezone of the user id executing the background job and the system tome zone is the same. Also please check the time between GRC and other satellite systems.

Regards.

Chinmaya