cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL - "File I/O over last 2 days"u00B4: Is more than 2 days possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP-Community,

does anyone know how to look backwards more than 2 days of the hourly detail look of I/O per file. Or does anyone some scripts to see only the last hour. Iu2019m asking because with this knowledge I could create a collector.

The common view is to go to transaction u201CST04 > Performance > I/O Performance -> dbl-click on one of the datafilesu201D. But there I cannot see more than 2 days in detail.

My environment is: Windows 2008 Enterprise SP2, SQL-Server 2008 SP1, Netw 7.01

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers, Manuel

PS.: Note 521750 - FAQ: SQL Server 2000 I/O performance hasnu2019t helped me. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

leslie_moser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

By default, there is a SQL Server Agent job that runs on your system and collects a large number of SQL Server performance counters every 20 minutes and saves them locally. You can read this historic data and even create graphs from selected performance counters.

You say you have an SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 system. To find the historic performance data, login to your system with SAPGui and call transaction DBACockpit. Then navigate to Performance -> History -> Database Collector Data.

The first tab of this screen shows you data from the most recent snapshot. In order to graph certain counters over a period, click the tab called 'Time Series' and specify (1) the timeframe you want and (2) the data category. Most likely, you will want category 'Virtual Filestats (File)'. Then use the Control key plus a mouse click to select whichever columns you want to see in a graph. When your done selecting, click the tab 'Time Series Chart' and the selected counters from that time period will be displayed in a graph.

The data is kept in 20 minute snapshots for 14 days and is then aggregated into an hourly average. After 90 days those hourly averages are aggregated into daily numbers and after 3 years the data is deleted.

The online help for the Database Collector Data in SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 is found at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c3/ce2a269456410ea66b8a0f9f1d3da9/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Leslie

-

Leslie Moser

Developer, Microsoft Platforms U.S.

Netweaver Development Tools

SAP Labs, LLC

Answers (0)