cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develope Mobile application for iphone using SAP Mobile Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to Netweaver....plz guide me what kind of environment i need to develope....and what are the necessary things we need to install....to develope mobile application for iphone, using SAP Netweaver...

Plz help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! With SUP you can model and generate the business layer for iPhone, but then you must write your application with xCode on a Mac Pc (or an emulator).

Regards

TechEdge SpA

Alessandro Iannacci

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Replying Alessandro,

Whatever u told that is correct,

Can u plz share some knowledge what are the advantages & disadvantages to go with Sybase and without sybase.

And how we can develope mobile application in both cases.

Waiting for ur positive reply.

Thanks

- Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business layer generated with Sybase is a new standard, and allows you to abstract from the backend as SAP, webservices, files, databases and others. Furthermore, with Sybase you can generate platform-independent code (for ex. BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc.).

Finally, Sybase business layer is very powerful, and involves the use of two caches, one for the aggregation of data from different backends, and one to allow devices to work offline. So far I have not seen weaknesses of Sybase.

If you are not using Sybase, you must write to the business layer, and you have to use language appropriate to the device. You need to provide offline use, and be warned that there could be several different devices and backend that could be useful to develop a cache to reduce the workload on the backend and to aggregate the data.

Also what you wrote is not independent from the device, and is not standard ... and I doubt that you will connect to a SAP backend.

Finally, with Sybase you can also directly generate applications for blackberry and windows mobile in a visual way, over the layer of business.

In my opinion, Sybase is the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks a lot to reply

Almost all my doubts got cleared with ur last Post.

With ur last post i can say, i can develope mobile application for iphone without using Xcode.

so what type of coding (language) we need to use to develope application.

lets assume...i want to develope an application for iphone and backend as SAP R/3 using Sybase.

Can u tell me Have u develope any application on Sybase.

and if possible can u give me ur personal e-mail id.

Thanks

Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks a lot to reply

Almost all my doubts got cleared with ur last Post.

With ur last post i can say, i can develope mobile application for iphone without using Xcode.

-

Only for the business layer, but not for application: to develope an application for iPhone you need XCode and...

-

so what type of coding (language) we need to use to develope application.

-

...Objective C

Instead, if you want to develope an app for blackberry, you can use only SUP, but in this case it is not customizable.

in my business card you can find my skype id:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/bc?u=ye%2fl9bc0kcuqfy%2bmph65%2bq%3d%3d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am bit a confused now,

if i want to develope an application for iphone so i need to use Xcode (objective c),

cant we use SUP to develope application for iphone instead of objective c, as we can use for blackberry.

i may be wrong plz correct me if im.

will be very thankfull if u can eloborate more on it.

Thanks

saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am bit a confused now,

if i want to develope an application for iphone so i need to use Xcode (objective c),

cant we use SUP to develope application for iphone instead of objective c, as we can use for blackberry.

i may be wrong plz correct me if im.

will be very thankfull if u can eloborate more on it.

Thanks

saket

-

It is correct.

If you want to develope an application for iphone you need XCode. With SUP you can only model and generate code for the business/data layer (but that is essential if you want to make a good application).

Instead, if you want to develope an app for blackberry or windows mobile, you can model and generate code for the entire application and not only for the business layer. Then, if you want, you can customize this generated code.

More informations at: infocenter.sybase.com

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that means we can develope an application for blackberry & windows mobile in SUP only....no need to write code in java or .net.

Plz confirm.

Thanks

Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

That info was very usefull....

I would be thankfull if u share some info about Afaria.

Thanks

-Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afaria provides you with a single administrative console to centrally manage, secure and deploy mobile data, applications and devices.

Try this link:

http://www.sybase.co.uk/products/mobileenterprise/afaria

Note that Afaria and SUP are two completely different things, but can work in an integrated manner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the prerequisites to install Sybase SUP on Mac machine...

Thanks

Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUP requires Windows. You can view specific prerequisites [here|http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00838.0200/doc/html/jwo1300035713286.html], by clicking on Unwired Server Requirements.

You can, however, install a virtual machine (VMWare or Parallels) on your Mac, running Windows in the VM, and install SUP. This gives you a single environment to develop for all mobile OS's supported by SUP. Once up and running, this is a great setup for development. Ideally, you'll want at least 8GB of RAM and a decent CPU. Also, if you're planning on using a MacBook, the 7200 RPM drives or SSD drives will provide a lot better performance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I have few doubts on Workflow app on SUP 2.0.

I am trying to develope an Workflow app for windows & Blackberry mobile.

I have SAP as connection profile...has a simple RFC which will output as empnumber as input of empname.

i have created workflow form and all...everything is fine...workflow is getting installed on the simulator but when im accessing the workflow app.....data is not coming on accessing the app...as if i test the MBO...data is coming there...but its not coming when im using on simulator or device...

Kindly help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved by my self.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I am trying to create an MBO from std bapi (create sales order), i have deployed the project on SUP, but when i have created dad file, it is showing an error on (TOC) screen and login screen........

can u plz help me out....

and if u have any document to create sales order ...plz share ,that will be greate help

Thanks

Saket